MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
- What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)...(Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customise these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: any language display on any version of your Operating System
What MediaInfo analyticals are include?
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, FFV1...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
- Italian language update
- Languages: add 'fil' (Filipino)
- Support of MPEG-H in MPEG-TS
- MOV/MP4: caption probing time expanded from ~15s to ~30s
- MPEG-7 and DVD-Video: provide title duration based on frame rate
- WAV: better display of buggy WAV files have 2 fmt/data chunks
- MOV/MP4: fix lack of detection of CEA-608/708 if junk at end of stream
- DVD-Video: fix duration if more than 1 menu
- USAC conformance checker: update DRC presence check
- USAC conformance checker: sbgp presence check
- USAC conformance checker: difference between extra zero bytes and other extra bytes
- ISO 9660: support of DVD video, with option for listing all contents
- MPEG-7: support of collections (beta)
- More Blackmagic RAW meta kinds
- DTS-HD: DTSHDHDR header support (used for raw DTS-HD files)
- ADIF: fix wrong detection of lot of files as ADIF (Android and MediaInfoOnline)
- USAC conformance checker: fix arith context handling in some corner cases
- ADM: some tweaks about FFoA/Start/End time codes
- Remove curl default ca info message in stdout