Here's a timeline of Office Web Apps becoming available worldwide, starting with the launch seven months ago:
- June 7, 2010: The Office Web Apps launched in the US, Canada, UK, and Ireland.
- September 23, 2010: added Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Russia, and Switzerland.
- December 6, 2010: added China, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong SAR, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, and Turkey.
- February 3, 2011: added more than 150 additional countries (including India, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, and Thailand).
- March, 2011: The Office Web Apps will become available worldwide with roll-out to all remaining markets in Central and South America, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela.
As you can see in the last point, next month Office Web Apps will finally arrive for everyone. The service is currently used by 30 million people, according to Microsoft.