You'll find OLEDs on a variety of products these days, but you wouldn't expect to find one on gaming mouse - until now. At CES, SteelSeries announced the Rival 700 - the first-ever gaming mouse to feature a fully customizable onboard OLED display.
The Rival 700's display sits just in front of the thumb grip and can be personalized to perform functions such as tracking stats (like counting headshots), access on-the-fly sensitivity settings, and button mapping. You can even customize the display with your name or an image.
In addition to its unique display, SteelSeries says the Rival 700's many other features make it the "most powerful gaming mouse in the world." It has a tactile alert built in, allowing users to 'feel' in-game events such as low health or cooldown timers going off. Owners can customize the intensity and pattern of these vibrations, and set individual alerts for multiple triggers.
The mouse itself is also high customizable, featuring swappable covers with different designs and surfaces, interchangeable sensors to replace older ones as new versions are released, and two different-sized cables. There are also the usual options to change the weights and adjust the LEDs.
"We're thrilled to deliver the world's first smart gaming mouse," SteelSeries CEO Ehtisham Rabbani said. "By listening to gamers and esports athletes, we've perfected professional gaming mice for more than a decade. The Rival 700 takes that expertise and meets gamers needs today, and grows to help them win in the future."
Here's SteelSeries' full list of the Rival 700's features:
- Like all SteelSeries Rival mice, the Rival 700 has zero hardware acceleration and an optical sensor that offers gamers true 1:1 tracking accuracy.
- Gamers can configure resolution settings up to 16,000 counts per inch (CPI) and down to one millisecond of customizable response time, equaling zero lag time.
- The sensor has the ability to accurately track movement speeds of up to 300 inches per second at 50g of acceleration.
- The Rival 700 has a removable sensor module, allowing gamers to swap to a laser sensor or other future options.
- GameSense and Prism RGB illumination give gamers the power to choose millions of color options and customizable lighting effects powered by in-game events.
- The mouse cover is swappable to ones with different designs and surfaces.
- The Rival 700 is packaged with a 3ft rubber cable and a 6ft braided cable for gamers who choose to game on their laptop or desktop.
- Swappable sensors provide gamers the option to change to the latest sensors on the market without purchasing a brand new mouse.
- OLED display allows gamers to personalize the Rival 700 with logos and custom in-game settings.
The Rival 700 will be available this Spring for $100. The optional sensors and mouse covers will be available to buy around the same time.