Benchmarks: 3Dmark2003, X3: Reunion
Test System Specifications
- AMD Athlon64 3000+ (1.80GHz) 939-pin
- Albatron GeForce 7600GS (256MB) AGP
- VisionTek Radeon X1600XT (256MB) AGP
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro (SP2)
- NVIDIA Forceware 91.31
- ATI Catalyst 6.8
According to the 3Dmark2003 results the VisionTek Radeon X1600XT is much faster than the GeForce 7600GS, gaining an additional 14% in performance at 1024x768. The margin was smaller at 1280x1024, where the Radeon X1600XT was just 7% faster. The X1600XT was also 30% faster than the X1600 Pro at 1280x1024.
X3: Reunion clearly favors the red team as the ATI-based GPUs do exceptionally well in this game. The Radeon X1600 Pro is actually faster than the GeForce 7600GS, something we probably won’t see much of. Although the frame rates when using the Radeon X1600XT were not great, the card was still 50% faster than the 7600GS at 1280x1024 with maximum in game quality settings enabled.
- Ad-free TechSpot experience while supporting our work
- NEW Get a free copy of Superhot: Mind Control Delete, courtesy of GOG
- Our promise: All reader contributions will go toward funding more content
- That means: More tech features, more benchmarks and analysis