Test System, Memory Benchmarks
Test System Specifications
Intel Pentium D 950
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
- WinXP 32bit - Microsoft Windows XP Pro (SP2)
- NVIDIA Forceware 91.31
- Intel System Drivers 7.2.2
As you can see from the SiSoft2007 memory results each time the Core 2 Duo drops ~270MHz, roughly 50~80MB/s of memory bandwidth is lost. This is not a lot and should not really hurt the lower Core 2 Duo processors that much.
The same performance trends are found in PCmark2005, which also looks at raw memory performance. The MemTach analyze test results are slightly more interesting as bigger jumps are seen between CPUs. Take the Analyze 1 test results for example, the E6600 is 10% slower than the E6700. Where as the E6400 is 12% slower than the E6600 and the E6300 is 14% slower than the E6400.
- Ad-free TechSpot experience while supporting our work
- NEW Get a free copy of Superhot: Mind Control Delete, courtesy of GOG
- Our promise: All reader contributions will go toward funding more content
- That means: More tech features, more benchmarks and analysis