Specific BSoD error, minidumps attached, analyzing needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been experiencing a blue screen lately, with the following error:
0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x805461f0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)
There have been some threads earlier about that, but I've attached few minidump files if someone could take a specific look and bring some news....

If it helps with anything, I have:
Gigabyte K8U 939 mobo
AMD Athlon 3600+
2x 512mb of Corsair memory

If you're familiar with .dmps please have a look. Thank you
If you need more info just tell me what and I'll post.

OK I removed the attachments, but I don't know what made them be unreadable.
Re-attached only newest 2, see if they are readable now

Attachments

• Mini063008-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
There is really no such thing as a "specific BSOD error" in Windows. Are you running Vista or XP?

The minidumps are not readable and show up as corrupt files

Well I downloaded the Windows debugging tools, installed and started the program, from there I thought of "Open" and select the .dmp file, but it still shows tons of weird symbols instead of text. Although there is some readable english text in the middle of the file.

Is there a different way I should use the debugging tool ?

There are specific debugging symbols for Vista and XP. You haven't said which OS you are running... The Windows debugger needs to be set up properly. Have you specified the location path of the symbols and the path of the source files?

I don't know if the program runs differently on Vista or XP but he's installed the 32 bit version from that link i posted.
Although i never remember specifying the location path of the symbols file, mine loads them from the internet when i start to read the .dmp file

EDIT: I did set it to read from Internet, but you can download them as well if working offline.

Yes woody,
you can use the online symbol libraries... I haven't been able to read minidump files confidently since I upgraded to Vista, but the error I get with idanyow's minidumps is "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"...

I get "normal" debugger readouts with other minidumps but the debugger reports that the wrong symbols are being used

Yep i get same error message you posted, i'm still on XP so we will just wait for idanyow to reply now

Since I am using Vista and you're using XP, I feel more confident that Vista and XP debugging is not so different. I have changed my symbol path to use the online source now, so we will see what happens... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back