Slow pute. HJT log help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

versyficator

Basically computer takes a long time to start up and run. Aside from other pesky but not serious problems, I want to start with a HJT log. My computer specs are in my profile. please help.

you are using an older version of hijackthis

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

I did not see anything bad in your log please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from my sig it is the blue color text make sure to install and update it then run a full system scan in safe mode.

Also download combofix from the link below to your desktop then run it in normal mode. But first make sure to disable your Mcafee protection

Combofix
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html

combofix & malware_byte logs

Hey. Ive run the malware and combofix progs as you said and attached them as files. The malware bytes prog detected one thing. I dont know anything about the combofix log. Maybe I am clean and its just hardware problems that I will get to soon... :suspiciou . Thanks for checking these out for me

btw... disabling mcaffee?

I was unable to disable mcafee properly because its in Japanese and I can hardly navigate through the windows let alone do anything with it. A Mcafee detection alert came up and I allowed the combofix prog. I hope it didn't affect the scan. lemme know if I should redo.cheers

You are slow because:
1. You have way too many programs installed.
2. Too many programs are being loaded at boot (04) and running in the background: you only need:
antivirus, firewall, touchpad for laptop and network process if on network.
3. You have too many extra items on the right click menu (08) and too many extra buttons on the Toolbar (09) All these have to load when you start up.
4. Many of the Services (023) you show running do not need to be set to Automatic, rather they can be set to Manual to only start when needed.

Contrary to what many users think, all slow computers aren't due to malware infections. Many times it's simply a matter of housekeeping and good maintenance, to include:
Uninstall programs you don't use.
Do regular Disc Cleanups.
Run the Error Check, followed by defrag.

I dont see anything bad you can do what was said above. Is there anything else that's wrong beside slow starup? Once it fully starts is it still slow?

Bobbye. how do I make the fixes?

Hi, thanks for the advice. As for the comments from Bobbye:

1. You have way too many programs installed.
I will use add/remove delete those I dont use.

2. Too many programs are being loaded at boot (04) and running in the background: you only need: antivirus, firewall, touchpad for laptop and network process if on network.
Can I use HJT to stop these progs from booting at startup or do I have to go through each program's options and reconfigure them?

3. You have too many extra items on the right click menu (08) and too many extra buttons on the Toolbar (09) All these have to load when you start up.
Same as above, can I use HJT to stop them from loading at startup?

4. Many of the Services (023) you show running do not need to be set to Automatic, rather they can be set to Manual to only start when needed.
How do I set these services to manual?

Thanks.

2) not go to start> Run and type msconfig then click on the tab that says startup you can remove the checks from apps you do not want to startup.

3) yes

4)go to start>control panel>administrative tools> then click on services you can disable what you want there.

But before you do any of that after the computer starts up is it still slow. Also try the file I attached extract the file then merge the file into the registry then reboot.

Attachments

• systemtune-up.zip
    2 KB · Views: 6
xxdanielxx. remaining problems

Hi, Yes its still pretty slow after startup. firefox is slow and program initialization is slow.

I also suspect my computer runs hot. Everest says CPU is 47 °C (117 °F) and FUJITSU MHT2060AT PL is 48 °C (118 °F). Fan is always blowing hard.

Also, restarting from standby mode doesnt work properly (monitor doesn't turn on). This is a real pain.

Also, DVD drive doesnt detect DVD's. (only CDs). Its a SONY DVD+RW DW-P50A
I tried system restore rolling back the driver and deleting and reinstalling a new driver.
:dead:

Cheers for your help.

hmm it does not sound like a malware problem first thing I would do is to clean the computer with a can of compressed air pay close attention to the heatsink/fan to make sure it is not full of dust. Be-careful with static shock you can damage the computer

clicking external disk

Thanks. i ill do all of these things. I also have an external disk that has begun clicking and is never detected. I have heard this is a very bad sign. Is there anything I can do??

I'll expand on this:
4. Many of the Services (023) you show running do not need to be set to Automatic, rather they can be set to Manual to only start when needed. "How do I set these services to manual?"

Here are two sites that will help you set the Services. Some must be on Automatic, others can be set on Manual to start when needed as yet others can be Disabled. Here is information and recommendations:

http://www.ss64.com/ntsyntax/services.html
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

NOTE: When working with Service settings, always click on the Dependency tab before changing a setting. Some other Services may depend on 'this' Service to run. In turn, this Service may 'depend' on other Services to run. Take you time. This is not a 10 minutes job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back