Really need help w/ wireless network please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unable to browse internet on wireless network, ping error...

I understand that this seems very similar to alot of other threads however i have read nearly all concerning wireless networking and followed all advice as closely as possible to no avail. I am connected with excellent connection speed and yet still cannot browse internet though as i said i have tried everything i have been able to find. My cpu specs are as follows (see attached): Also Network Diagnostics gave these results (see attached):

As you can probably tell I'm not very savvy in this area (Many thanks to moderator for editing my thread properly I have now read how to post a thread...my apologies to everyone for the mistakes) and again ive tried everything I know and then some including contacting linksys, sony, microsoft, and att to no avail. Thank you for your time as well as any help anyone may be able to offer. I will post ipconfig and ping results very soon as it seems this may help...again thank you.

Update: everytime i ping a website i get an error msg (unable to locate check name try again) and my ipconfig/all results are as follows:

3376820750_3c9ab7d033.jpg

Hey this is the thread I put my 3 Edits on in his original post
I knew I should have copied down what I wrote :rolleyes:

im so sorry and thank you

thank you tmagic i will try to reset the router again and post back, but listen im really sorry about being a pain in the neck to you guys but i do so desperately need help especially with the wireless network which i have been attempting to do since before my first post back in the beginning of january. kimsland you told me (in your 3 edits) that you strongly suggest i read how to properly post a thread, you told me why you deleted my first post and to not have such a general title (especially with so many abbreviations) as well as telling me to make attachments to my post instead of having such a lengthy article embedded within the post itself. i have taken your advice since then and i assure you i am making every effort to become better in the world of forums especially here at techspot. i am grateful to be a member of this community to which i had been a guest two years prior to becoming a part of. the biggest part of this website as i understand is respect and i have attempted to be as respectful as i possibly can although all the while creating headaches for everyone and for that im sorry.

Yes well that sounds sincere, but you have still not updated your System Specs to your Profile.
You would think with 7 threads going on, that it would be a good idea

I noticed that you replied on one of your threads with your System Specs in your post. Is that what you are going to be doing on every thread? Because pretty sure that won't be allowed.

Follow the guidelines and post to your hearts content, you'll be up to 100s in no time
But waste posts and double up all the time, you'll be lucky to make 20.

Good Luck and happy posting :grinthumb

my bad again

thank you again kimsland, until you brought it to my attention i hadnt even realized where to put my system specs. in other threads i had always just heard people say "upload your system specs" and didnt realize as i said about the profile. i apologize once again and wanted to add that i have since updated my system specs in my profile. also tmagic, i reset the router to factory default to no avail so i then reset all other network options that i had tweaked and still the same problem. ive been told 4 times that its not a hardware problem and that it is something im doing (or perhaps not doing) wrong, however im open to any suggestions.

the ipconfig shows 192.168.1.1 (your router's address) as the dns which is normally ok, but

the Net-Diag.txt file is complaining that the DNS is not working

so your router is not forwarding the DNS requests properly.

FIRST: go to a wired connection and get that working with your router and then come back to the wireless.

>>you mentioned reseting to factory settings, but did you use the RESET button?

Also powerOff the router, wait 30 seconds and then power it back on.

Find the model number of your Linksys and download and update the firmware.
Every Linksys needs an update straight out of the box!

still dont know what im doing

thank you jobeard and yes i did try the reset button. okay ive downloaded the firmware update but its in bin format and i dont know what or how to do with it. also im not sure as to how to make the router work wired either. ive tried unless theres something im missing to do so to no avail as well. im pretty much ignorant with a lot of this as you can tell so some things i might have to ask to be "spelled out" for a lack of better words and im sorry but thank you for the continued help.

Update: i tried hitting the reset button again and just for kicks tried to reinstall the router all together. when i get to the very last step (verifying router settings) it says "error 302: internal error, exit setup restart computer and restart setup". which i did and again to no avail same error.

thank you jobeard and yes i did try the reset button. okay ive downloaded the firmware update but its in bin format and i dont know what or how to do with it.
using ONLY a wired connection, you login the config page and select UPDate, pointing to the BIN file downloaded
also im not sure as to how to make the router work wired either.
a simple cat 5 ethernet cable ~3-6ft long;one end to the router LAN port and the other to your PC ethernet RJ45 slot

you wouldnt beleive it`

ive been away from my comp for a couple days so firstly i apologize for the lack of reply. secondly i was about to update the firmware as instructed by you jobeard when my antivirus started running a scan so i decided to wait until it finished. upon finishing it found a couple viruses which i quickly disposed of. then i tried to update the firmware and when i opened my browser to access the linksys router config page, my homepage popped up and ive been able to browse the internet every since...go figure. but b4 someone tells me that i should have been scanning my computer the whole time i would just like to say that i do on a regular (daily) basis, so i dont really see how this could have been the problem all along unless for some reason it just didnt pick up on the virus the first couple hundred times. anyway so all is well except now i cannot access the config page to update the firmware (which does need to be updated). no where near as big a problem for me however i still dont know whats up with that? but thank you to everyone who has provided me with help and especially patience with this problem (jobeard, kimsland, tmagic650).

Thanks for being honest and letting us know the fix
This may help others with similar issues in future :grinthumb

If you can't access anymore the configuration page of your router, either you need to clear out the cache and cookie trail from your web browsers or somebody logged in to it and changed the password. Follow theprocedure to reset the config to the factory configuration.

thank you...i had to reset my password

thank you kimsland, i never meant to upset the techspot community and again i appreciate your patience. also thank you misoportecnico i will try that and post results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back