Another PC 8 steps & log, hopefully no SDBot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt444

So this is from the laptop where I got the explorer.exe file that got my desktop back on my desktop pc. Hopefully this one isn't infected, even though Spy Sweeper on the other machine quarantined the explorer.exe file from this PC.

I still haven't gotten any help on my other thread, either. Am I doing something wrong, or is my problem just too rare?
Let me know if I need to change something.
Thanks, Matt.

:)

File Sharing Programs found in logs: Limewire

Info on using P2P Programs => https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic124748.html

Quote from 8-Step Removal Guide:
Uninstall File Sharing/P2P Programs

During the cleaning process all File Sharing Programs should be uninstalled
This is to avoid any possible reinfection of any malwares through file sharing

We reserve the right to withdraw our support:
  • If such programs are found in your logs
  • Should you not agree to their removal.
As they are normally set to bypass your Firewall and Anti-Virus software
Filesharing/P2P Programs serves as a constant threat to your computer

Please note: If you decide to fully remove Limewire (and any other P2P application)
You will need to run the (updated) scans, and attach the logs again

My apology for the delay Matt. My name is Bobbye and I will assist with your system problems. There are more problems than helpers, so once in a while a thread slips through unanswered.

I am reviewing the logs and will come back and edit this post when through. Hang in there!

Thanks kimsland and Bobbye!!

kimsland,
Sorry about Limewire. I forgot I even had that on my machine. I uninstalled all traces of it with Revo Uninstaller and the new logs are posted. I really do appreciate the quick response. I think Bobbye might be referring to my original thread about SDBot & KSOD on my desktop PC. I still think I have a problem with that one. I'm hoping this Laptop is OK, though. Let me know what you think. I noticed that you edited my last post on that thread and merged 4 posts. I just wanted to make sure that you know these two threads are for two different machines. I'm not sure if we should keep these separate, to eliminate confusion, or how you want to handle the logs for the 2 different PC's? Thanks again for your help.

Bobbye,
If you were indeed referring to the original thread about my other machine, that would be great if you would have time to look at those logs. I am worried about the SDBot that Spy Sweeper and Combofix keep putting into quarantine, which in turn removes explorer.exe (resulting in the Black Screen of Death).

Again, thanks to both of you for your help with my threads/logs.

Matt.:grinthumb

Attachments

• combofix log.txt
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
I noticed that you edited my last post on that thread and merged 4 posts.
The only posts I can edit are my own. That would have been the moderator, kimsland.

I just wanted to make sure that you know these two threads are for two different machines.
NOW I know so I deleted what I had written and started over!

Matt, it would be best if you did not refer back and forth between machines. IF you are seeking help on more than one machine, please make that obvious in the post you make starting the thread- don't even refer to the other computer unless the problem is some network issue.

kimsland, the comment is referring to the original thread 2 days ago:
Previous SDBot Trojan. Now KSOD. Completed 8 Steps & 3 Logs posted
Found here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic126558.html

There was a question and a reply, but no response after the logs were posted- except:
Moderator Edit:
Member reposted here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic126652.html

That was for a different machine and because of the edit, I wasted a lot of time!

It is getting very confusing to our members when comments like this are made. His comment here:
I still haven't gotten any help on my other thread, either.
Is correct!

Okay Matt, let's get you back on track. I do remember a discussion earlier about logs for 2 different systems- was that correct? And then you were going to try and resolve one system, then start on the other? Is that correct? But somedays I confuse easily, so my thought of being really smart and using information from both of the threads was not so smart at all and I deleted that post!

Here, Now, I am only using the information I read on this thread!
This is on current thread:
Mbam 4-28-2009 is clean.
SAS 4-28-2009 is clean.
Combofix 4-28-2009 shows: Files Created from 2009-05-28 to 2009-4-28>>> 5=May and it hasn't come yet!
Is NOT correct. It s/b/ 2009-03-38 to 2009-4-28

Entries show:
both AVG and Avast :
2009-04-16 06:08 -------- d-----w c:\program files\Alwil Software
2009-04-16 06:02 -------- d-----w c:\users\All Users\Avg7
2009-04-16 06:02 -------- d-----w c:\programdata\Avg7
Run the AVG Remover(32bit) from HERE.

ComboFix 09-04-25.A3 - Maddog808 04/28/2009 7:53.3 - NTFSx86 here:
P2P still on system:
2009-04-27 08:40 -------- d-----w c:\users\Maddog808\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

And this presents a possibilty that piracy might be used to obtain otherwise unavailable material:
2009-04-18 07:16 -------- d-----w c:\programdata\SlySoft
2009-04-18 07:13 -------- d-----w c:\program files\SlySoft
2009-04-10 00:40 103744 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\drivers\AnyDVD.sys

SlySoft AnyDVD: AnyDVD is a Windows driver that removes the protection of encrypted movie DVDs automatically in the background. AnyDVD is a Microsoft Windows driver allowing decryption of DVDs on-the-fly, as well as targeted removal of copy preventions and user operation prohibitions (UOPs). The AnyDVD program runs in the background, making discs unrestricted and region-free.

Other than what I have mentioned, I don't see any malware on this machine.

Bobbye,
Sorry about the confusion. I am new to all this, so if I do something wrong, just let me know and I will correct that. Thanks again for the quick response.

I do remember a discussion earlier about logs for 2 different systems- was that correct? And then you were going to try and resolve one system, then start on the other? Is that correct?

That is correct. The logs in this thread are for my laptop, which I wasn't having any problems on. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't infected because when I copied a file over to my other computer, Spy Sweper and Combofix on that other computer put that file in quarantine.

Combofix 4-28-2009 shows: Files Created from 2009-05-28 to 2009-4-28>>> 5=May and it hasn't come yet!
Is NOT correct. It s/b/ 2009-03-38 to 2009-4-28

Is this a problem with Combofix? Should I uninstall and reinstall it?

Run the AVG Remover(32bit) from HERE.

OK I ran the AVG Remover. Thanks for noticing.

P2P still on system:
2009-04-27 08:40 -------- d-----w c:\users\Maddog808\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

I want to get rid of all traces of Utorrent, as I am sure downloading files was my problem in the first place. I will install it again then use Revo Uninstaller to try to remove them all.

And this presents a possibilty that piracy might be used to obtain otherwise unavailable material:
2009-04-18 07:16 -------- d-----w c:\programdata\SlySoft
2009-04-18 07:13 -------- d-----w c:\program files\SlySoft
2009-04-10 00:40 103744 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\drivers\AnyDVD.sys

SlySoft AnyDVD: AnyDVD is a Windows driver that removes the protection of encrypted movie DVDs automatically in the background. AnyDVD is a Microsoft Windows driver allowing decryption of DVDs on-the-fly, as well as targeted removal of copy preventions and user operation prohibitions (UOPs). The AnyDVD program runs in the background, making discs unrestricted and region-free.

Should I get rid of AnyDVD? I use the program to back up my DVD collection. I have two young children, and if they get their hands on those discs, it's all over. I didn't know Any DVD was a risk, but if so, let me know and I will look for something else to use to back up my movies. I use a Networked Media Tank to view my media, so I need something to back up the media.

I will run CCleaner, Hijackthis, and Combofix again, and post the logs.

As far as my other computer, would you be able to look at the logs in that thread located here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic126558.html

That is the computer I am having problems with.

Thanks again Bobbye,
Matt.

----------------------------------

New Logs Posted

No AVG and no Utorrent, I hope.

Thanks Matt, you clarified that nicely. you didn't do anything wrong. I just didn't remember the conversation about two systems until after I worked them both into one!

Combofix logs the files created in the last 30 days. For some reason, yours says Files Created from 2009-05-28 to 2009-4-28 instead of 3-28 to 4-28. Make sure the date on the system is right:
Right click on the clock> Adjust date and time> change date if needed. This is the first Combo log I've seen like this- I'll ask around and see if anyone else saw a log like it.

The logs look okay to me. Yeah! You got rid of the 'extras'! If the system is running well, you can remove the cleaning tools:

Uninstall combofix
Uninstall combofix by going to Start -> Run -> type in combofix /u <-Note the space and hit enter

You can also hold your windows key and press R to open the box.
uninstallcombofix.png

Download OTCleanIt HERE & save it to your desktop.
Double click on OTCleanIt.exe.
Click on CleanUp!.
It will go thorough the list and remove all of the tools it finds and then delete itself (requiring a reboot).
You will receive a prompt that it needs to restart the computer to remove the files>
Click Yes.
It will restart your computer automatically. If it doesn't, please restart your computer manually.
Clear your existing System Restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore> Select Create a restore point> OK.
* Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
"Ensure the selection is on C:\ and click on OK"-
* Select the *More options* tab
* Choose the option to clean up System Restore and OK it.
* This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

IF you need any more help on this system let me know.
I'll go back to the other system tomorrow- have saved the URL

Matt, I'm working on your other thread now. "Previous SDBot"

Thanks for all your help Bobbye. :)

I'll be looking for your instructions on how to remove this tricky little trojan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back