I got windows 7 build 7140!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The leaked builds keep coming... this is a post RC1 build which in theory should have further enhancements/fixes though at the same time because it's not meant to be widely used by the public as the RC, debugging tools could compromise performance, or so it's commonly believed.

For most people wanting to try 7 early, the official RC1 will fit them best.

I spy Utorrent!! You couldn't have possibly installed installed utorrent on first, then magically find a build 7140 lying on your lawn :confused:.

How is it? Any difference?

I need to get ahold of it, every build I ran since the public beta worked fine for me. Then the RC comes along and suddenly I have no sound on my cable TV (through a hauppage pvr 250). WTG Microsoft :(

How do you like it? I tried the beta and liked it but went back to Vista.

Build 7140 doesnt exist.......sorry but its a fake, wanted to know who can tell it apart from the real thing,..anyways I do have windows 7 RC 64 bit build 7100 and its great....here ill list some of the new things in win 7:

1)Aero Peek feature
2)Automatic Windows Resize
3)WMP Mini Mode
4)Better GUI
5)Enhanced/easier Personalization
6)Action center Replaced for Security center
7)Taskbar improved
8)PSR
9)Built in ISO burner
10)Built in Powershell
11)UAC Improved /now user configurable to there preference
12)Backup Utility Improved
13)Paint,notepad,etc improved also

the best feature of all and my personal favorite is

14)Built in Windows XP

Yes Virtual XPM,windows 7 now has this as an individual update...theres more to this list but it would b 2 much 2 right..well heres my own and original desktop,let me know what u think

P.S-IM REALLY SORRY TO ALL WHO FELL FOR MY BUILD 7140 SCREENSHOT,ITS A FAKE.......THIS ONE IS MINES

Attachments

• win 7 RC 7100.jpg
    win 7 RC 7100.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 8
Build 7140 doesnt exist.......sorry but its a fake, wanted to know who can tell it apart from the real thing,..anyways i do have windows 7 RC 64 bit build 7100 and its great....here ill list some of the new things in win 7:
Rofl...i'm too lazy to check it up.

I notice photoshop is one of the first programs on it, I wondered why, but I just ignored it xD.

techno, I haven't personally verified it, but I'm pretty sure your claim that 7140 is fake is invalid itself.

Just because you can't get it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There is and has been an entire scene around getting builds of a new OS. In actuality it has only recently became somewhat public. It really used to be a pretty "underground" thing where only a few of us got it, and those that knew people. So now, consider youself privilidged I guess. Maybe not, maybe now Microsoft is smarter and making more people "test" it , when previously it was just us enthusiasts.

edit: in fact, if we are getting edited for a MS release, then it is exactly what I said above.

As far as I know, build 7137 is the latest distro, but the fork path is confusing so maybe the 7140 is from a different fork O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back