GTX 260 Crysis Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeton

Hi,

So I have the following build.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500(Bastard won't overclock a single mhz!)
GTX 260 Core 216 @ 680 core 1466 shader and 1250 memory
8GB DDR2-800 Ram
Asus P5Q SE Plus motherboard

So anyway. When I try crysis on very high at 1280x1024 no AA I only get like 20FPS. This doesn't seem right as in benchmarks it gets an average of 30fps on that settting. Also when I change to just high I only get an increase of around 5 frames. This is ridiculous as I get around 100fps in games like MW2 ect. Is there something wrong with my PC or is crysis just the issue? Also I was running the newest 196.32 forceware but downgraded to the 186.18 drivers due to people(including me) having problems with the new drivers rangine from crashes to degrading performance.

20FPS - average ?
Have you optimised the game in the nVidia console ? deleted the Crysis folder in C/docs and settings and all the usual streamlining ?
You should probably be averaging the 30fps at 1680x1050 (with 0xAA.16xAF) on High

20FPS - average ?
Have you optimised the game in the nVidia console ? deleted the Crysis folder in C/docs and settings and all the usual streamlining ?
You should probably be averaging the 30fps at 1680x1050 (with 0xAA.16xAF) on High

By nvidia console do you mean using the control panel to set up an optomized profile? Then no I just installed win7 and lost all my data. Forgot to do that. Ill post back after.

Most of the epeen fps screenies and review sites have all optimized the game. It's like some sort on "in-joke" to flummox everyone else. Here's a couple of optimization guides- I had a brief scan through them and they pretty much say what I was going to suggest so here they are-it'll save me getting RSI
http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html
http://www.gamecritics.com/the-noobs-guide-to-optimizing-crysis

Happy gaming.

Well messing with the nvidia control panel didn't help. I'll check those. Thanks for your help.
EDIT: I found a custom config and It runs amazing! Looks like high/very high DX10 but in DX9 with 50fps average! Thanks for all your help.

well when i run the benchmark tool a get about 25-30 FPS and in-game i get about 30-33 FPS and thats with all max setting with no AA and no AF.i guess it has something to do with how fast the camera moves in the benchmark tool

That can be the case. Certain passages in the Crysis games can make performance dip severely fps ( Paradise Lost in Crysis and Frost in Warhead). I would use the benchmark as a guide only if you see lagging or stuttering-it will confirm for you what the game is actually doing. I use FRAPS for this purpose. For every new build I perform I run through save game points at the the most graphics intensive portions of the game with FRAPS running- the game becomes a full system stress test, whereas most utilities (OCCT/IBT/LinX/Memtest/HD Tune/Prime etc..) usually test one component in relative isolation.

Edit: the main reason for the difference between benchmark and actual play is that the benchmark requires no interaction with player input.

Enjoy your gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back