Overclocking a PNY GeForce 260 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

clumzylerch

Alright guys I have another issue. First here is my computer specs.

motherboard-nforce 680i sli
cpu-intel E6600 2.4ghz fps 1066 overclock to 3.0ghz with a fsb 1333 and mulitplier
x9 still and all temp staying below 60c on the CPU so I think thats pretty safe.
video card- PNY geforce 260 gtx 896mb
ram-4 gigs of kingston 1066mhz ddr2 5-5-5-15
sound card- Turtle Beach montego
hard drive- 80gig seagate 7200 rpm
power supply- 650 watt antec

ok guys I am trying to overclock my video card using rivatuner. I set core clock/shader clock and memory clock to what alot of people do what they got stable with the PNY model and I get great fps increase on crysis. Getting about almost 5-10 fps extra in certain spots in the game. Just cause to fps increase on benchmark run was pretty damn impressive too. 25fps to 38fps average on benchmark run. Now after 30min of running my card I run into a issue where on crysis my FPS drops all the way down to 8-10 fps and justcause 2 drops down in the low 20fps. I am like what the crap. Core temp is staying BELOW 60c so I am wondering is there something I have to do in bios? Maybe increasing something on my PCIe slot?

How much free space in the Seagate?
You don't have a system that benefits much from overclocking...
I would replace the seagate and the Kingston as a start.

A faster HDD will get you faster load times and open applications faster etc, but it will not do anything for your frame rates.

Ya kinda figure so theres really no point in getting a new hard drive if i am running out of space and only what have 10 gig left of room..

Ya kinda figure so theres really no point in getting a new hard drive if i am running out of space and only what have 10 gig left of room..

Hi clumzy,
be careful there with filling your HDD space. This might be (probably) the reason you are having problems. you can not use all of your HDD with programs,files, apps etc..etc. you need to leave space on your drive for your page file/virtual memory. as a matter of fact, you may have already exceeded that point. as a general rule 10-15% (depending on the size of the HDD and the amount of ram you have) should be left for the page file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back