Mini dump -BCCode - frequent reboots on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

My PC reboots quite often and has been going slower and slower for the last month at least.. with the following error :

BCCode 40000080 BCP1:81E124E8 BCP2: 81C20508 BCP3:F895DCE4
BCP4: 0000001 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:768_1

I tried everything : updating Anti Virus, Spybot, Windows Update but it kept getting slower and rebooted quite often when I tried to open Outlook with Yahoo Messenger at the same time...

Tried reinstalling the graphic card but it didn't change a thing. Then suppressed all kinds of software (updates of Java, Norton Antivirus...), changed Outlook for Mozilla Thunderbird and IE for Firefox and now the PC is back to normal speed.

Thought it was "cured" but just tonight I had a blue screen with creation of a mini dump and actually found that I have 13 mini dump stored on the computer.

I cannot read the mini dump for I don't have DotNet or Visual Studio..
but it seems there are people on this forum who can..
Please some help will be welcome ...

As attachment please find the mini dump and the windows system error.. Thanking you in advance

Attachments

• Mini010206-01.dmp.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 18
  • erreursysteme.doc
    25 KB · Views: 9
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It`s very difficult to be sure from just one minidump. We normally require 5 or 6 minidumps.

The minidump you provided crashes at fbxusb.sys. This is your usb modem driver.

Maybe updating the modems drivers may help. If it doesn`t, then try a different modem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Mini dumps

Thank you for your advice Howard.
I tried updating all the drivers I had, but it would seem I already have the latest version.

I'll try enclosing 5 other Minidumps if this can help.
Thanking you in advance...

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
4 minidumps crash at fbxusb.sys. Modem driver.

1 minidump crashes with the same sysmptoms, but doesn`t give a driver name.

Looks like your modem, or it`s drivers are the culprit.

Regards Howard :)

Mini dumps and Freebox

Thanks again for your analysis.
It does look like there's a problem with the modem but it's the modem given by the Internet provider for "ADSL". Since the driver seems to be the latest available, does this mean I should ask the provider for a new one ?

Stella said:
Thanks again for your analysis.
It does look like there's a problem with the modem but it's the modem given by the Internet provider for "ADSL". Since the driver seems to be the latest available, does this mean I should ask the provider for a new one ?

Yes asking for a new one might be a good idea.

Regards Howard :)

Hi,

my PC started crashing too, it then reboots itself on it's own. I'm thinking in my amazing knowledge of PC's (NOT) I might have done something to it. The PC has been upgraded recently (new harddrive, new Videocard driver, new RAM, new Processor) . But my genius self didn't do it, I had help of course. Here is the error code:

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I attached all the minidump files I can find on my PC. What other information do I need to find and can somebody PLEAASE help me?

tbads you need to start your own thread
This thread started in 01-04-2006

Please go to Forums (in blue above)
And choose the best forum to post your issue

Also, you can attach your Minidumps on ONE post only

Edit:

Oh and Minidump1.zip is corrupt, cannot open !!

Edit2:

There are too many Minidumps
You have posted about 12 of them
You should only post the 5 most recent ones

Edit3 (seeming you signed off !!)

Minidumps state sptd.sys at fault
From here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/sptd-13477.html
Driver used by the CD Rom emulation program, Daemon Tools Version 4. There have been some reports of problems with this driver.
Please remove (un-install) Daemon Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back