graphics card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

ive just bought a nvidia 6600le 256mb ddr agp8x graphics accelerator with free chronicles of riddick game.. ive fitted the card + installed the drivers, but when i install the game it only gets half way through. when i reboot it has only been half installed... my specs are: amd athlon 64 3000+ 2ghz, 256mb ddr pc3200 ram, asrock k8vm800 mother board. any help is appreciated.

Hello
please explain half installed, do you mean that you have to keep the disk in the drive for the game to run properly? or is it a demo that will only let you play for a certain length of time?

Sounds like his new graphic card is taking more power then his PSU can handel.

What brand is it? How many amps are on the 12volt rail?

Look on the little sticker on the psu.

It could be that, but a 6600LE isn't a power-hungry graphics card.
But still, check what Crossfire said.

it doesnt let me play the game at all. if i run the disk after my pc reboots, launch game should be lit up but it isnt. i have to install again + the same thing happens. if i search program files i find only half the files required.

no, it only installs half the files. when i reboot if i ssearch programs + files i only find half the files needed.

my psu is fire power. max power is 400w. graphics card: nvidia 6600le 256mb ddr agp8x

Try using the edit button rather than posting several different replies to yourself. Thanks.

If all other apps and games on your pc works ok then you should check the disc on another computer. also check the system requirements for the game.
It might require some sort of acceleration or technology that your graphics card does not support.

neild79 said:
my psu is fire power. max power is 400W

Can you tell us how many amps it pumps on the +12V rail or rails?
You can find that info looking at the sticker attached to the PSU.

can psu handle nvidia geforce 6600le?

on the sticker on my psu, under the +12v it says 15w. but would it be enough to run my 6600le graphics accelerator, 256mb, ddr, agp8x

I think you mean 15 amps :)

That's a little low, the recommended amps for the 12V rail are at least 24 A for good, stable operation.
If you plan to upgrade your PC, 15 Amps aren't enough for a modern system, especially the 7600GT you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back