Problem In Installing Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritwik7

I'v got myself a new nvidia 7300 GS 512 MB graphics card (manufactured by Zebronics). I have a 915 GV chipset wid a 16X PCIE slot. Once I put in the card and plug my monitior 2 it, the screen goes blank. I havnt uninstalled my onboard Intel GMA 900 graphics drivers. Could that be a problem?
Also I have a 250W 12V-14A power supply. Do I need a new one? Plz let me knw.
What are the exact steps i must follow? Plz help!

You will most definitely have huge problems with that psu!! You need a better one before you even try to get that card to work!!

That 7300GS requires at least a 350W power supply with 20 amps on the 12V line. Upgrade to a PSU with those specs or better if you want to use the card.

Hmmm...

Ok...Will do that...The only problem is that I went 2 get a PSU earlier but found a 400W supply with only 8A on 12V line!!!
I'll go on the hunt 2mrw, 2day being Sunday...And plz tell me if der r any other cards in the same price range as the 7300 GS but wid a better performance...
Thnx a lot.

In order to give you the exact steps you'll need to follow we would need to know your motherboard make/model. But really, if you tell us that all we would do is download your manual and read it, so you may as well do that yourself.

The standard steps are:
1. Boot up in safe mode, find the onboard graphics in device manager and disable it.
2. Reboot system into your bios
3. Find the settings in the bios to switch from onboard to PCIe "init boot device" is a common title for what you're looking for but it varies.
4. Shut down the system and install new card. Don't forget to give it a power supply connection if it is required (some do, some don't, your manual will tell you).
5. Connect monitor to new card, and boot up. It should at this point automatically detect the new graphics card and ask you to install the drivers.

Again, this is the typical steps you'd take, but you really need to read your user's manual to confirm. For example some boards have jumpers you need to physically change on the motherboard.

For your power supply, you want a PSU from a company like antec, enermax, seasonic, Fortron (FSB) etc. Don't get a no-name PSU, they are dangerous.

Good luck!

In BIOS I hav smthing called a Primary Video/Display Adapter which is set to PCI as far as I remember...There's an option 2 change it 2 PCIE...

Being On The Safe Side

Plz tell me smthng...Once I uninstall my present onboard drivers and restart my computer will I get any display? Bcoz I hav 2 restart and go 2 BIOS 2 change my display adapter 2 PCIE. Then again shut down my computer 2 plug in the card...
Pardon me if I ask stupid questions...but I'm a novice!

Very Funny!!!

Hey guys. I installed the 7300 GS right now on my computer without changing my PSU or uninstalling previous onboard drivers. I just changed the primary video adapter in BIOS to PCIE instead of PCI. The card seems to be working fine!!!:giddy:

You have been warned so you cannot blame us if you end up witha black and charred psu and a dead mobo!!!!

Can that happen? I didn't know. I'v got a new Zebronics 400W PSU which claims to have 20A on the 12V rail. I was thinking of returning it coz I'm not sure how good that would be. Do you suggest I put in the Zebronics PSU?
An Antec is costing me almost 8 times the price of the Zebronics! I cant afford that!

That most certainly can happen, most people completely overlook upgrading their PSU when adding new hardware.
When using an underpowered PSU it can just stop working and this is what usually happens. But in extreme cases the PSU can blow and cause damage to the mobo, this is rare but it can happen.

If I were you I would get that new PSU in your PC as soon as is humanly possible. I personally would not risk running a PC on such a weak PSU for even 30 seconds.

Ok...But would this Zebronics be an ok option...Then I'll put it in...
It claims its 400W with 12V-20A...How can I be sure?
Thanx for all your help.

Google is our friend!!!

Google its name and see what other people say about it, it is as easy as that!!

Well I put in the new PSU...Dint find out much on the net...Stuff seems 2 be working ok...HL2 rocks on my PC now...A few problems with Far Cry...posted a thread regarding it...
Thanx for all ur help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back