For Firefox Users! More Sercurity On The Web!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediSlayer

Well, the title basically explains about half of what I wanted to share with you guys today. As you all know, Firefox has a lot of security protection against a wide variety of things on the web. Visiting web sites that contain bad programs is obviously a bad thing. Which is why I wanted to share this addon that I've been using for quite awhile. I know probably many of you know about this addon, but I figured that I'd let anyone else know who's out of the loop.

It's called WOT. It's a free protection addon program that is very useful against harmful web sites. The programs purpose is to provide the user a warning about the web site they are about to visit. The warning is based off of user reviews of that web site given back to WOT.

I hope you'll use it as it's a wonderful way to protect yourself from entering sites that are not trusted by other users. WOT is very big, so you can rest assured that many people use it, and give feedback everyday.

For more information and the links, visit here:

http://www.mywot.com/en/wot/home/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3456

Best of all, it's free!

Yes, i have WOT and it is very good. I can say, it's saved me a few times lol.

I recommend to all Firefox users to get this.

Regards Jase :)

I don't trust this thread!

initial post by a newcomer, reply from a banned user recommending the addon.

Hmmm, I don't think I'll be loading this one into firefox.

Jase123 said:
Yes, i have WOT and it is very good. I can say, it's saved me a few times lol.

I recommend to all Firefox users to get this.

Regards Jase :)

Well if it's trusted by, Jase. Who's been here a lot longer than you or I, then I must know what I'm talking about.

YES YES on Siteadvisor!

comment on blacklists:
They do work, but need constant care and feeding (ie updating) to continue their effectiveness.

They also add code cycles to every site request and therefore impact responsiveness (small but it's there).

Personally, I'm a big advocate of SpywareBlaster for controlling nasty ActiveX downloads.

One last rant; I've also negatively commented on browser extensions elsewhere,
but it would seem to me that you need protection however you access the net,
not just access via one specific browser.

Spyware Blaster, definitely gets the thumbs up from me Jeff. It`s a great little programme and it doesn`t use system resources, since it doesn`t run in the background.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back