Test System Specs and Setup
While we only tested using maximum graphics quality settings, we doubled our tests with AA/AF settings enabled and disabled. The latest optimized beta drivers were used for all graphics cards, and the 1.1 patch for Call of Duty: World at War was also installed.
For measuring frame rates we relied on FRAPS, recording the first 60 seconds of the second level, the beach landing. This is a very impressive looking scene that made for an ideal place to test these graphics cards. We also overclocked our Core 2 Quad processor to 3.0GHz to try and remove any CPU limitations that could influence the performance of the high-end graphics cards scores.
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 (LGA775) 3.00GHz
- Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GSO (384MB)
- Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT (512MB)
- Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (512MB)
- ASUS GeForce 8800 GTS (512MB)
- ASUS GeForce 8800 GTX (768MB)
- Palit GeForce 9800 GTX+ (512MB)
- ASUS GeForce 9800 GX2 (1GB)
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 260 (896MB)
- ASUS GeForce GTX 280 (1GB)
- Radeon HD 4650 (512MB)
- Palit Radeon HD 4670 (512MB)
- ASUS Radeon HD 3850 (512MB)
- ASUS Radeon HD 3870 (512MB)
- Palit Radeon HD 4850 (512MB)
- ASUS Radeon HD 4870 (512MB)
- VisionTek Radeon HD 3870 X2 (512MB)
- Palit Radeon HD 4870 (1GB)
- ASUS Radeon HD 4870 X2 (2GB)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (64-bit)
- Intel System Driver 126.96.36.1996
- Nvidia Forceware 180.43 Beta
- ATI Catalyst 8.10 Hotfix
We are looking for over 40fps on average for stutter-free gameplay. For ultimate playability an average of 60fps or more is of course ideal.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.