AMD intros new FX quad-core, price cuts across the board; details on "Vishera" FX Series leak

By Jos
Aug 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Following a round of price cuts for its Radeon graphics cards last week, AMD is now revising prices across its processor lineup while also adding a new member to the existing FX family. The latter is a quad-core part

Read more
  2. noel24

noel24 Newcomer, in training Posts: 28   +8

FX-8150 and FX-8120 are not 6-core but 8-core CPUs, although looking at their performance one could think quad-core-8-threaded parts.
  3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,262   +41

4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,041   +62 Staff Member

Fixed.
  5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,781   +638

Kind of expected the cuts to be deeper given the amount of inventory AMD are sitting on.
    FX-8150 cheaper than an 1100T would tend to indicate that the Vishera parts are going to slot in at the previous Bulldozer pricing ( or AMD are sitting on a stockpile of FX parts) which probably indicates the performance level of the parts.
    200MHz bump between stock clock and max turbo for the top part- looks like AMD might not have completely solved their power consumption issues regardless of the hype of "resonant clock meshing"
  6. Joel F

Joel F Newcomer, in training

Wow, the AMD leaders really know how to wow us with mediocrity. How about breaking Moore's Law since that's all just a bunch of marketing lies anyway. Just more ways to milk the noobs.

I like my AMD 6-core but....They could have done better, I think.
  7. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 340   +20

The real star of that line-up honestly is a 955BE for $81, overclocked of course it will be more than enough for most games and productivity usage.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.