TechSpot

AMD intros new FX quad-core, price cuts across the board; details on "Vishera" FX Series leak

By Jos
Aug 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Following a round of price cuts for its Radeon graphics cards last week, AMD is now revising prices across its processor lineup while also adding a new member to the existing FX family. The latter is a quad-core part

Read more

2. noel24

noel24 TS Maniac Posts: 295   +147

FX-8150 and FX-8120 are not 6-core but 8-core CPUs, although looking at their performance one could think quad-core-8-threaded parts.

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

*yawn*

4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,534   +82

Fixed.

5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,251

Kind of expected the cuts to be deeper given the amount of inventory AMD are sitting on.
    FX-8150 cheaper than an 1100T would tend to indicate that the Vishera parts are going to slot in at the previous Bulldozer pricing ( or AMD are sitting on a stockpile of FX parts) which probably indicates the performance level of the parts.
    200MHz bump between stock clock and max turbo for the top part- looks like AMD might not have completely solved their power consumption issues regardless of the hype of "resonant clock meshing"

6. Joel F

Joel F TS Rookie

Wow, the AMD leaders really know how to wow us with mediocrity. How about breaking Moore's Law since that's all just a bunch of marketing lies anyway. Just more ways to milk the noobs.

I like my AMD 6-core but....They could have done better, I think.

7. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Enthusiast Posts: 345   +23

The real star of that line-up honestly is a 955BE for $81, overclocked of course it will be more than enough for most games and productivity usage.