Assistance with Custom Building my PC

By KageKingu
Nov 13, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey there,

I'm building a custom PC for the first time, and although I know how to put the parts together I'm unsure how to go about selecting the right components.

I've come up with a list of components I was considering purchasing. I'm building this machine primarily for power gaming. If someone could let me know what else I need, and what could be swapped out cheaper/better alternatives - or even if the parts are compatible! - I would be very grateful.

Unfortunately I am unable to post links as I'm a newly registered member, so I will just post the component names.

GFX - XFX GeForce 9800 GX2
    Mobo - ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI nForce 750a SLI Socket AM2+ (ATX)
    CPU - AMD Phenom X4 9750
    Hard Drive - Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII
    Case - Antec Nine Hundred Case
    Power Supply - 550W ATX Silent Neon PSU - 12cm Fan/PPFC
    DVDRW - LiteOn DH-20A3P 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM
    RAM - Crucial 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 Memory

Sorry again for not being able to post links. I will update the list as soon as I'm able.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this :D
  2. KageKingu

KageKingu Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Bump.

First time building my own system, don't want to mess it up :)

Edit: Typo
  3. BMfan

BMfan TechSpot Guru Posts: 470   +47

if you are doing this as a power gaming pc how come you aren't going intel?
  4. KageKingu

KageKingu Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Replies to similar posts in other forums have now enlightened me lol. I'm now looking for an Intel based system.
  5. nes83

nes83 Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

SAPPHIRE 100242TXSR Radeon Toxic HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

get this video card it owns. dont believe my word? go to tomshardware.com and see how bad it owned all the geforces
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.