ASUS A7N8X-E replacesment Boot-up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced old ecs mobo with the asus and it proceeds thru standard boot up, including making bios changes to the "insert CD" prompt. When this is done I get a message that its checking hardware. After that -- nothing just a blank screen. CPU "duron" 1.3 GB, 40 GB HDD, @ CD_ROMs, Floppy, 512 MB RAM 1 Stick, And TNT2 AGP card is all that are connected. Can someone help me??

Are u trying to run the new setup using the previous installation of windows if so then do a complete re-install, it will solve the proble. :grinthumb

kol_indian said:
Are u trying to run the new setup using the previous installation of windows if so then do a complete re-install, it will solve the proble. :grinthumb
:) Thanks..I eventually came up with the same answer and ASUS confirmed it, It was something I was reluctant to do. After much finagaling around I finally found myself forced to do the complete reinstall . Everything worked except the Norton 2005 software in their file which has a bug in it that kept giving me blank pages on the internet. :jose211

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back