BSOD while playing Warcraft 3

ixmike88

Every now and then I get blue screens while playing warcraft iii the frozen throne, I have searched some other topics on this forum and it seems everybody's problem is relatively unique, since my 2nd bsod (aug 24) I updated my Realtek High Definition Audio Driver with WDM_R251 which is dated 7/28/2010.

I also listen to music via windows media player everytime this happens, then the music repeats for a few seconds before blue screening, wmp v9 if this is relevant at all

I have disabled automatic restarting from error reporting so I know the issue comes from rtkhdaud.sys, but I don't have any debugging tools or anything like that so any specific information about my situation would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Attachments

• Mini081710-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini082410-01.dmp
  • Mini090110-01.dmp
Hey,

When did the error start occuring?

Any chance you know the make/model of your motherboard?

At the Warcraft III main menu in 'Options' > 'Sound' there's an option that's something like 'Miles Emulated 3D'? is it turned on? It's been a while since i played the game so this might not be totally accurate.

Also i assume you already scoured the blizzard warcraft III suppport forums for a resolution?

These three logs refer to a RtkHDAud.sys; an audio device, most likely the systems onboard audio drivers..

get the latest driver from the realtek website and see if it helps... if not post more minidumps

it started aug 17 i believe, according to my dumps at least, it's not very common, it's happened 3 times in the 40 days or so, but i would like it to always be a non issue if possible

GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 is my motherboard

i use Creative Labs EAX2, do you think miles 3d is the issue?

i haven't checked blizzard forums since i wasn't entirely sure that the blue screens and warcraft are directly related, since the error is my audio driver

i updated my audio drivers after the second blue screen and it happened again, no new minidumps yet

It happened again today

2ylntso.jpg

here is a screenshot of my war3 sound options

also here is a screenshot of my realtek driver version/date/etc

33z33g4.jpg

I have also included the new minidump, if anybody needs anything else please ask, this is quite an annoyance for me, thanks

Attachments

• Mini090410-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 2
The crash is again caused by your Realtek Audio driver, uninstall the driver, run Driver Sweeper (you can find it in Techspot Download Section) to get rid of any remaining files from it, reboot your system, and for a short period use windows default audio driver and see how your system behaves.

i uninstalled the realtek driver via device manager then deleted the remaining files with device sweeper and when i rebooted the audio driver was immediately recognized as realtek high definition audio

is that supposed to happen?

Yeah, that should be windows installing its driver for the audio... see how you get on with it

PS: if i may, i would suggest disabling '3D Positional Audio' for the time being

Back