Core i5-13400 vs. Ryzen 7 5700X: CPU & GPU Scaling Benchmark

Spiderman : " We suspect memory performance is the key limiting factor for the Ryzen processors, namely DRAM latency will be responsible for why the Core i5's perform better in this test."
Why on this game and not on the other ones ? It would be better to say , we would suspect game devs to favour intel CPU , a 2005-2017 game-like . Is is obviouos in your test of this game .
Said that , This kind of test arent complete any more because it lacks how REAL power the CPU uses in real time in gaming and % of CPU occupation that shows CPU multitask capacities . We can see theses parameters on yt video for ex.
Of course in this 2 parameters , AMD CPU are the best and multitasking capacity is very important to take in account when we buy a CPU . For ex. why 13600K is so cheap ? Because it suxx a lot in multitasking , equal to a 7600X or 7700X . EDIT : to a 7700X , not 7600 X

Last edited:
For ex. why 13600K is so cheap ? Because it suxx a lot in multitasking , equal to a 7600X or 7700X . EDIT : to a 7700X , not 7600 X
1. Intel is for winners
2. the 13600k is within $10-15 on Amazon to the 7700x, which is a tier above it in the AMD lineup (also how are $300+ CPUs "cheap"?)
3. Intel is for winners
4. looking at the very web site you are posting on the 13600k beats the 7700x in cinebench multicore, blender, corona, trades wins in 7-zip, and is not far behind in Adobe and Chromium so not sure how it "suxx" in multitasking.
5. Did I mention Intel is for winners?

Intel up to the same old Intel. Pretend they have a new part, yet offer nothing better and charge more for it. :rolleyes:
1. Intel is for weinners
2. the 13600k is within $10-15 on Amazon to the 7700x, which is a tier above it in the AMD lineup (also how are $300+ CPUs "cheap"?)
3. Intel is for weinners
4. looking at the very web site you are posting on the 13600k beats the 7700x in cinebench multicore, blender, corona, trades wins in 7-zip, and is not far behind in Adobe and Chromium so not sure how it "suxx" in multitasking.
5. Did I mention Intel is for weinners?
FTFY!

Yeah Intel the master of hardware backdoors like AMT, SOL, SGX...etc.
Not like AMD it's a saint, but compared to Intel...
I have patched Intel systems for work in the last years, so don't tell me about them.

P.S. "Did I mention Intel is for winners?"

In my book any CPU usage above 49% is a bottleneck, HT and SMT trick you in thinking you still have headroom.

RDR2 it's a GPU bound title as far as I know. That 3090ti is used below 99% on both cases.
That Intel 13600 has that big-little config I'm not sure about that 44% on CPU with 90% on GPU.
Low GPU use is better for CPU tests of course . Not GPU limited , it is a good video , not like them who makes 4K video to show CPUs

To back to this article Techspot test , 7700X vs 5700 X etc , because it is difficult to find 13400K or 13600 K vs 5700 X :

1. Intel is for winners
3. Intel is for winners
5. Did I mention Intel is for winners?
Oh, so you're a fellow AMD user I see!

Oh, so you're a fellow AMD user I see!
Its too bad Intel doesn't actually care about anything other than making profits. Otherwise, we might see better than rebranded last generation parts that pretend to be the next best thing and Intel expecting that they will get people to pay more money for them.

Intel is not wrong. People will pay more because "Intel."

Its too bad Intel doesn't actually care about anything other than making profits. Otherwise, we might see better than rebranded last generation parts that pretend to be the next best thing and Intel expecting that they will get people to pay more money for them.

Intel is not wrong. People will pay more because "Intel."
Intel branding is not as strong as it once was. I might be wrong but lately it's been AMD that was gaining market share in spite of having CPUs that don't have an advantage over Intel except maybe in efficiency. Ryzen was a blessing from the skies.

13400/13100 is DOA which isn't good for us because pricing will be stagnant. 5600 is stuck around $140 and 5700x at $190 plus cost of cooling. Which leads me to my disappointment of Ryzen 7000 non-x pricing. It should be $30 cheaper than the X counterpart. We'll see if the X3D chips have any pricing affects on the slower end parts. I'm still on 1st gen AM4. Lol don't mind a 5700X to hit $150 so I can finally upgrade the 1700.

What no productivity benchmarks! All thse cpu's run games fine. Who cars about a few frames here ot there either way. Sure there are a handul of titles that suit one cpu/gpu better than another, but for the most part it's irrelevant.

What is far far more interesting is if the 13400 can kick the snot out of the 5700X for actual work. You really need to stop focusing on gaming. And I don't buy this 99% of people only care about games BS either.

I honestly signed up just to say that I love the Baradun figure.

I realize that this is a CPU benchmark, but I got my priorities dammit!

It just showing... how insane... NVIDIA driver overhead problem is.

Just imagine, you are believing that buying a 4080 on your AM4 with a 5600x is going to be a good idea, when in reality, you are going to be slower than with a 6900XT at 1080p and 1440p.

If you are not in GPU bottleneck, then you are better off with a full AMD PC.

It would be interesting to input your 7600 results or even your 13600k and your 7600x result in this comparison.

Just to see how extreme this would be.

Steve, you should definitely do a PAIRING CPU/GPU guide. Other reviewers don't do that and this is what we need to cut the BS from the casual tech channels that spread misinformation.

Back