Crysis developer releases free-to-play FPS browser game Warface

By Justin Kahn
Oct 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Crytek is well known for its graphically impressive and visually stunning games on PC and console, but now the developer is taking its expertise down another path, browser games.

Read more
  2. dunebeetle

dunebeetle Newcomer, in training

Why do developers keep wasting money on games that we've already played before?
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,159   +425

Can't seem to get it to work in Chrome. No matter what I try, it keeps asking for the extension (which is already installed).
  4. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TechSpot Booster Posts: 256   +45

Finally!! Me and other friend have been in the BETA for months just imagining what it would be to play it with the rest of our friends. Co-op is challenging and well accomplished, teamwork in versus is very important and with the given and unlockable weapons is enough to be balanced.

Graphically is not that demanding, I'm sure any decent DX 9 capable PC can play it just fine. Depending on the co-op mission of the day, even in normal difficulty it may be impossible.
  5. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,159   +425

Because people keep buying/playing them.
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,661   +867

I played this game in the Alpha and beta, it sucked.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,746   +1,418

Because it takes less effort to optimize a preexisting game, than it does to create a new one. And making it browser based might entice a new audience, that has never played the game. Short answer is more money for less effort.
  8. seanp789

seanp789 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 113

I played a couple rounds of coop and it was pretty boring. Graphics are ok but the game feels like something you would play on your ipad not your pc.
  9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,381   +607

Wow, this kinda 3D game can run inside a browser? That's what I'm most impressed about. :D
  10. FPS developers should hire me give them ideas on new stuff. Seems they hired all the technical people but forgot to hire the creative ones.
  11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,746   +1,418

It is funny how everyone thinks this, but then when given the opportunity what happens? They become the very ones they were talking about.

12. super204

super204 Newcomer, in training

This case was packed so nice and while a little awkward to slide cover in, it is beautiful once hanging. Great value for the price.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.