TechSpot

.Dll Bad image problem

By ishkap
Sep 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi
    I have a refurbished Asus laptop that i bought online ,windows 7 64 bit
    Just this morning when i started my laptop it started showing -

"C:\windows\microsot.NET\Framework\v4.030319\mscorrei.dll - is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error , conact vendor or reinstall"

when i tried running a game fifa11 it first showed a box that said fifaconfig.exe-Bad Image
    "c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4/030319\mscoreei.dll is nt designed to run on windows "nd d 2nd box said this cud not be loaded

since its refurbished nd bought online i dunt have ny installation cds alongside
    the laptops been working amazingly well for a year now , i played fifa last night nd iot worked well

Can anyone please help me with this , i have a lot of imp applications installed on my laptop that are cd-less nd haveing to reboot or re install windows or nything will make me lose a lot of stuff nd be very inconvenient

Please tell me anyway i can correct this , was working fine till last night , dunno wat happ this morning

I will be really gratefull for all d help
    thanks!!!

2. odriscoll27

odriscoll27 TS Rookie Posts: 81

Hi :)
    It looks like there is an issue with the installation of the .NET framework on your laptop. The link below is a web installation file for the .NET 4.o framwork using a web installer from the Microsoft website.

You MAY have to uninstall previous versions of the framework for this to install correctly & work.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851

Hope this helps you. let us know if this is any use :)
    James

3. ishkap

ishkap TS Rookie Topic Starter

re

Hey James

i took a screen shot of my Framework folder
    its got this 78 kb application which i believe should lead to uninstall but that is not responding

also should i delete or uninstall and how so - the whole folder ?
    coz its got 4 versions of it

i have downloaded the file from the link u sent but bfore installin it pl tell what exactly shud i delete
    thanks a bunch for the help

also this isnt letting me upload the screenshot - a lil too big

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.