TechSpot

Download Firefox 18: faster JavaScript engine, Retina support

By Rick
Jan 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Continuing to adhere to its rapid release cycle, Mozilla has published the latest stable release of Firefox 18. "The Firefox of today," Mozilla VP Jonathan Nightingale believes, "is significantly better than the Firefox of a year ago in every way"....

Read more
  2. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 876   +22

Seems like the linux version downloaded from mozilla doesn't work. I don't see a linux version 19 beta. Gives "Couldn't load XRE functions" and terminates. Other people are having this problem too. Will try this Techspot's download and will notify you if it works, but I doubt it.
  3. I installed FF 18 and it seems faster on Ubuntu 12.10 and Win 7.
  4. I might actually check this out.
    I am currently on firefox 13, because 14 and 15 kept crashing on me.
  5. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,160   +174

Still no TLS 1.2 I see
  6. Duckula22

Duckula22 TS Rookie Posts: 55

I tried Firefox 18 these last couple of days, but I didn't like its performance. Initially it seems faster than Chrome 23, but Firefox kept eating up memory, so after a few minutes or session, FF gets pretty darn sluggish. I don't like Chrome much, but it performs better on my laptop.
  7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

Why does everyone keep saying that non-retina-optimised apps looks blurry? They look just fine and display as normal, as they do on non-retina displays.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.