Duke Nukem Forever coming on May 3, new trailer inside

By Emil
Jan 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Duke Nukem Forever, the game that became infamous for being delayed indefinitely, will be arriving on May 3, 2011 in North America and May 6, 2011 in the rest of the world. As previously announced, it will be released on the PC, the Xbox 360, and the PlayStation 3.

Read the whole story
  2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +238

Over a decade of the hype/disappointment cycle... You can pretty much guarantee it will never live up to everyone's expectations, but by golly it should sell! Not many games get 12 years of advertisement... heh

After watching the trailer, I just hope and pray that Gearbox didn't adopt the driving mechanics from Borderlands. That was one of my biggest issues with that game, I hated that part on the PC.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

I've had my doubts on this one. But the trailer looks pretty sweet. Regardless, I'm not buying until it's been out for a few weeks and I can see some gamer reviews on it. There's just too much baggage to warrant taking a chance and buying this on day one.
  4. So we know now what day the world ends.
  5. veedubguy

veedubguy TS Rookie Posts: 25

I am pretty excited about this, I still play the original Duke 3D when I get bored... Hard to believe I was 15 back then and now I am 27. I hope it lives up to some of the hype. Either way it looks to be entertaining!
  6. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

I'm looking forward to trying a new Nukem..I will be waiting for some reviews before though.
  7. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 308

HAHA April Fools
  8. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Well, I guess we'll find out on May 6 if the big guy is really back.
  9. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Nice trailer. A bit incongruous that the women's butts were censored, with all the gratuitous violence and profanity.

I say GOTY edition, $14.99, December 23rd, 2011, Steam.
  10. DOnt like the voice actor.... They should have hired a real actor instead of an amateur reading out of a script....
    It looks as a 2003 game, lets hope at least game play is better.
  11. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 819   +52

Hail to the king baby,

I'm buying this on release day. Its got to be better than Daikatana :p
  12. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Evangelist Posts: 727   +227

I'll be buying it.
  13. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 267

This game will be the pinnacle of humanity. It's all downhill after May 3rd.
  14. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,028   +612

Cool trailer, let's hope for the best. Hard to live up to the hype, but if they can manage a good game that has enough Duke personality elements then it can turn up to be great.
  15. otester

otester TS Rookie Posts: 43

It's for console therefore it will suck.
  16. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Has anyone noticed the trailer had an FOV of like 35? Typical console games run at around 65 and pc around 90. But that wasn't even near what I'm used to. The gun/fists/kick was so close to your view.
  17. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

The ending was cut off early. :(

Also I agree with someone above, the graphics looked pretty poor..
  18. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 744   +12

I can't wait for everyone to be disappointed.
  19. edison5do

edison5do TS Rookie Posts: 231

Im with you dude...
  20. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

I think it helps to approach Duke Nukem with very low expectations...Well, that's what i do anyway :D
  21. undoubtedly it won't live up to everyone's expectations but 1 thing's for sure is that the trailer f**king rocks!
  22. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 744   +12

Oh, I am.

I'm just going to laugh at all the other people who think this game has been in production for 12-14 straight years.
  23. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,159   +67

I thought that the world was supposed to end on 2012, not 2011.
  24. fletchoid

fletchoid TS Rookie

For years now, if something that was promised ended up being delayed and delayed and delayed, I could sarcastically say "yeah, that will happen right after Duke Nukem Forever is released." or sometimes a quick "This Christmas, for sure!" would express my doubt as to the veracity of something. If this game actually does get released this year, I will need to find a new phrase that sums up something that is promised, and yet never happens. But then again, I will be too busy kicking *** and chewing bubble gum.
  25. after all these years, the game looks like ****, you'd think they'd come out with something spectacular, but hell looks like doom graphics hahah