TechSpot

Duke Nukem Forever goes gold

By Emil
May 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. 2K Games and Gearbox Software have announced that Duke Nukem Forever has "gone gold." This means that the code is final and now all that is left is getting theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Sure... I believe it when I see it fully boxed on retail store shelves.

3. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

Doesn't Duke say "After 12 f***ing years, it better be!" in the trailer? :p

4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Given the game's development cycle, "once in a lifetime" is an appropriate phrase to use.

5. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Yeah epic comment rite there sir.

What is this word you speak of?

Ill just wait till some people play it and then buy it if they said is good, i love the sarcasm comments in the trailer but i rather not preorder anything else in my life.

6. NeoFryBoy

NeoFryBoy TS Rookie Posts: 72

I think I'd be okay with not playing this game. There's no way it will be able to compare with my memories of DN3D.

7. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 983   +123

So I have to preorder the game to get the demo, WTF? Don't you play the demo BEFORE you buy something?

8. herpaderp

herpaderp TS Enthusiast Posts: 159

@yRaz

You get EARLY access to the demo, a few days later it'll be released for everyone else. Also, if you've already bought Borderlands on Steam, you already have a code for the first access club. It doesn't even have to be the GoTY edition, I bought the standard game on sale over a year ago, and I got a code last week. It shows up when you right click on the game and select "show CD key".

9. This must mean the Rapture actually happened and we have truly ascended to Heaven.

10. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 348   +54

5 bucks says it starts showing up on bit torrent sites within 24 hours.
    Not only that, probably 50% of them will be bug ridden with malware ;)

11. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 348   +54

Most likely, we'll find it in the discount bin by Christmas :)

12. emmzo

emmzo TS Enthusiast Posts: 70

I think I`ll buy it at least for the good old times sake.

13. Favourite phrase from Titanic comes to mind - "But this ship can't sink!" :)

14. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Enthusiast Posts: 348   +23

I am willing to believe that since I was so excited about Empire Earth 3 which ended up being an epic failure.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.