Duke Nukem Forever launch trailer is NSFW, demo is out for some

Emil

Staff

2K Games and Gearbox Software have released the Duke Nukem Forever launch trailer and boy does it look good. I haven't seen a trailer so blatantly NSFW that still makes me want to play the game.

The trailer actually came out earlier this week, but I figured it would be too much of a tease to post it then. Instead, I'm posting it today. That's because if you preorderd the title from select outlets and became a Duke Nukem First Access Club Member, you now get to play the demo for all platforms.

Gamers have waited over a decade to play the official sequel to Duke Nukem. The title was originally announced by 3D Realms in 1997. The project experienced all types of problems, however, and it was passed over to Triptych Games and Gearbox Software in 2009, with multiplayer components provided by Piranha Games.

Half a year ago, Gearbox confirmed that development on the title was being completed. Given how long the game had been in such a state (some 14 years), there were still many skeptics. Then the game was demoed live, but many would still not believe.

Five months ago, the game was given a set of release dates: May 3, 2011 in North America and May 6, 2011 in the rest of the world. Two months ago, this was pushed back to June 14 in North America, and on June 10 in the rest of the world.

Last month, the official PC requirements were released. This was followed by an announcement that the game is coming to OnLive, meaning you can skip the requirements if you want. Finally, the companies announced that the game has gone gold.

Permalink to story.

The demo should be free and available for download for all who want to play the game BEFORE giving up $60. The fact that I cant play the demo makes me think this game is all spin. i Jetkami, world famous seer of future events, predict this game will suck.

I guest predict that you, Jetkaimi, world famous **** sucker, will continue to suck ****.

jetkami said:
The demo should be free and available for download for all who want to play the game BEFORE giving up $60. The fact that I cant play the demo makes me think this game is all spin. i Jetkami, world famous seer of future events, predict this game will suck.

I played the demo and it feels very consolie (bad spelling I know lol) ffs they have aim assist turn on by default because they think you are using a xbox controller. I feel this game is not going to be as good as it could have been. Once again thanks to consoles arrrrr. Looks like I'm have to play DN HD some more.

Demo break down
* The feel of the mouse feels very console based like they didn't even change the setting after porting it (Feels like dead space 1)

* Most of the demo is action sequences (Move here press use wait for the action sequence to play out then go to next location and rinse and repeat)

* In the Demo you can only carry 2 weapons at one time (I hope the full game you can carry more than that)

*Demo play time is around 20 minutes wtf for 1.7GB most of the demo is trailers arrr...

k9182000 said:
* The feel of the mouse feels very console based like they didn't even change the setting after porting it (Feels like dead space 1)

Hell no it doesn't, it's absolutely in no way as bad as DS' mouse control. Just disable the "precision" setting and it controls just fine. I agree with your other points though. I think the most fun I had in the demo was drawing stupid crap on the white board :V

Installed the trailer last night and it was laggy and sluggish as dog pooop on my system :(
My specs: Intel Core i5 750, 6gb ram, Geforce 560ti

Guess I'll try to set down the settings later and see if I can get it playable, it looks okay I guess inspite of performance issues.

I just cringe every time I see a game running on DX9c cos instantly you know its a console port :(

herpaderp said:
k9182000 said:

Hell no it doesn't, it's absolutely in no way as bad as DS' mouse control. Just disable the "precision" setting and it controls just fine.

Thanks I'll give that I try

lipe123 said:
I just cringe every time I see a game running on DX9c cos instantly you know its a console port :(

Ya I know what you mean :(

I was being sarcastic in my first post and am probably in the minority here in not being a DN fan at all. Games like that and Pain Killer for example never did anything for me. C'est la guerre

NSFW = Not Safe For Work for anyone else (like me) who didn't know. I'd love to keep this information to myself and make fun of you for not knowing, but I try not to let anyone know I'm insecure about my small pen!s on Fridays.

DNF is also Did Not Finish in many different sports. Appropriate for this game for the last like 14 years.

Downloading it right now! What made duke nukem 3d great were the little things. Like being able to use the toilets in the rest room, which raised your health every so often. Being able to hit the pool balls on a pool table. Being able to tip the strippers then they would flash you. Your environment was very interactive. You could blow up fire extingishers on the walls and kill your enemies or yourself. You could drink out of drinking fountains to slowly raise your health. This was a few years after wolfenstein.

Duke 3d was the best fps for its time, hail to the king.

It's like Halo, meets Gears of War, meets Duke Nukem, meets an 'awesome multiplier of x10'

Back