February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month

Shawn Knight

Staff member

DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson on Tuesday announced that February will be Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month. The 28-day period will be filled with fun community missions and daily giveaways according to a post on the official Battlefield blog.

For starters, gamers will receive either a Bronze or Silver Battlepack (Bronze during weekdays and Silver during the weekends) just for logging into the game each day. The packs include perks like XP boosts and solider camouflage.

Also up for grabs are Gold Battlepacks that will be available to gamers willing to participate in Community Missions. For the first set of challenges, players will be asked to grab a set number of dog tags within a specific time frame. More details will be provided in the near future, we’re told.

Elsewhere, gamers will have access to two voluntary shortcut bundles designed to help newer gamers make up for lost time and two additional weapon shortcuts for premium users. DICE is also offering up a double XP weekend for all players (two double XP weekends for premium users).

Freebies aside, the company will also host a number of interviews with some of the core developers of Battlefield 4. Here, gamers will be able to ask devs a wide range of questions about their line of work. The dates and channels for the developer interviews will be announced early next month.

Are you still playing Battlefield 4 or do you plan to pick the title back up to take advantage of the freebies next month?

Permalink to story.

.. aren't some of the serious issues with the game completely related to multilayer ? I would think that all this is going to do is exacerbate even more people..

Eh I like getting guns the right way but then again, I dont really want to grind with DMRs to get the better ones.

I was really hoping for a DLC. This is an ok compromise.

Yeah a bit bored of grinding a weapon type. Too much grind involved for a game that is otherwise go go go...

Might play in Feb now. Had a break from it lately.

No the issues are not just for MP. Some people couldn't even get the game to load at one point. SP had several issues. The last couple of patches have helped but there are still issues that the game should have never had to begin with if EA and Dice hadn't rushed the game out.

Mantle support and DLCs are all delayed till the game is more polished/fixed. Which would have been done months ago during testing but EA nor Dice nothered listening or cared when people told them in the beta. GAME SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RELEASED. It's why EA is being investigated.

Netcode has always been a issue with any BF game. They have never got it right and they never have it right when a new version of the game gets released. It took BF3 a year before it finally got a lot better. Some still say it's crap.

I haven't played the game much lately. Really isn't all that different than BF3. Game is ok but not as great as it should have been. Cool weather effects but to me certainly not revolutionary.

Think of BF4 with a lot of BF3 and a mix of BF2. To me though, BF3 could of handled most of the changes that BF4 did.

I love the game but I am waiting for a patch because on Xbox One, I can play maybe one game before the game freezes and I can't play anymore. I have had 3 games in a row once..... So basically they finally got me from COD and now they can't even keep their game working. I am so disappointed.

So they still have the full team working on fixing the bugs? Still? Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

So they still have the full team working on fixing the bugs? Still? Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

I did both, I am still doing both ;)

Eh I like getting guns the right way but then again, I dont really want to grind with DMRs to get the better ones.

I was really hoping for a DLC. This is an ok compromise.

Same but as long as the latest patch fixes the hit boxes being de-syncronised this is definitely a compromise.

I really hope the next patch fixes a lot of the de-sync and slow player updates, that's what's mainly breaking the multiplayer, if they fix that I am one incredibly happy bunny, It has got better in past updates but it's still broken, hopefully this patch should be the last nail in the coffin.

I will be playing all of Feb though, looking forward to this!

Well I'm not interested in BF4 from what I've been reading. I am still playing BF3 and am enjoying it. Does this mean that EA\DICE does not appreciate me?

I don't feel appreciated EA\DICE. Please help.

Oh, sure, they pick the shortest month to do its player appreciations. :)

J/k, I'm happy they're doing something to basically say sorry. I just wishing they would release 2nd assault on PS4 already. PC and Xbox One players have been enjoying it since November.

Maybe they need two of three full teams, since the latest patch seems to make audio cut out. 1.23GB patch and still a work in progress? Carries on like this, and EA should seriously consider bundling a hard drive with the next BF.

Carries on like this, and EA should seriously consider bundling a hard drive with the next BF.
Just overnight a 4GB thumb-drive and you will have it before the download could complete (that is at my DL rates). lol

Once updated, the thumb-drive can be returned for the next set of updates.

Oh, sure, they pick the shortest month to do its player appreciations. :)

J/k, I'm happy they're doing something to basically say sorry. I just wishing they would release 2nd assault on PS4 already. PC and Xbox One players have been enjoying it since November.

Only Xbox One players have had Second Assault as far as I'm aware?

Back