Firefox 3.5 RC2 released to general public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Last week, Mozilla rolled out the first release candidate of Firefox 3.5. While that build went only to about 800,000 beta testers, developers have now released RC2 to the general public, bringing with it many new features and speed enhancements compared to previous Firefox versions. With a second release candidate in the wild, the final version of Firefox 3.5 is getting closer — Mozilla’s goal is to have Firefox 3.5 out before the end of June.

The updated user interface, standards support, revamped JavaScript engine and new privacy controls, bring Mozilla’s browser up to speed with recent releases from Apple and Google. Users can now download Firefox 3.5 RC2 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The latest build contains a few bug fixes, although according to Mozilla’s Mike Beltzner, these were minor stability issues corrected after the release of the first release candidate.

Permalink to story.

I downloaded RC2 during the weekend, much smoother experience than the betas released just a short few weeks ago. That said, I keep experimenting some odd slowdowns that become most apparent when tabs are still loading and I try to scroll down on a current tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back