Followed all instructions, still getting popups and unwanted desktop icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I'm new here but desperately need help. Not a techie in the slightest!

Had a problem with Begin2Search toolbar, followed all instructions from realblackstuff post on how to remove - did everything and got the actual toolbar to go away, but am still having ridiculous pop-ups and unwanted desktop icons appearing. Sometimes when accessing internet, getting a pop-up (full screen) that says "toolbar.trafficgenerator.biz". All software recommended to help remove this stuff is up todate, and Norton is not finding any kind of problem. HijackThis log is below - please help!

Attachments

• HJT.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 6
You are aware I hope, that Limewire opens the door for BAD stuff?

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF.
Run HJT on its own and let it 'fix':
O2 - BHO: ohb - {22B720C7-5FA6-40A8-9F8F-8584BF669690} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\trgen.dll
O2 - BHO: ohb - {988CAFC4-DC0D-4D8C-A35E-5028ABE9E641} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ic2_win.dll

Delete both .dll files
Reboot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

After doing what RealBlack helps you with, I would kindly add that if you are using InternetExplorer :suspiciou (ie; I.E....hehe :D ), then I would recommend downloading and using a different browser (ie; Maxthon, Opera, Firefox etc..) which are all free....and all are better than IE at keeping ad-ware, spyware, pop-ups etc...from getting in your system.

off topic, i know, but if microsoft copied apple for windows, why don't they just copy other people's browsers like other browsers copy other peoples browsers already?

User account?

Thanks for your response - I'm going to try this right away. And yes, I have deleted Limewire... :( so hopefully that will help.

I have three separate user accounts on this computer - 2 with administrator priveleges, one without. Does it matter who I am logged in as? Or do I have to do this under all three logins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back