Google releases stable version of Chrome 10

By Emil
Mar 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google has released version 10 of its browser. The update brings hundreds of bug fixes as well as many features that have been available on the Chrome beta and dev channels to users interested in using Chrome's latest builds. Chrome 10 also addresses 23 security vulnerabilities in the WebKit-based browser (easily more than Google has ever fixed before): 15 rated as High, three rated as Medium, and five rated as Low.

Read the whole story
  2. Since chrome likes to self update without notification, most people get updated automatically and when there no visible changes, such as UI tweak, most people don't ever realize they've been updated to a new version.

Typically if works the same, and the UI is the same, people don't mind updates.
    Now the upcoming UI tweaks there thinking off may bother people (removing the address bar).
  3. Sadly sync does not work after the auto upgrade...Ubuntu 10.10
  4. By the way they are going they probably want to reflect their market share with their version number.
  5. Since they change versions with every new small update they gonna hit version 100 pretty fast
  6. kaonis92

kaonis92 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 117

In 9 years actually!
  7. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +30

Didn't know that (I don't use Chrome). So no install directory choice, updates get pushed, and Google is pushing is removing support for a common video format in favour of its own format (WebM). Kind of reminds me of Microsoft and what it gets criticised for.

(I'm all for WebM, BTW.)
  8. You can choose your download directory. You can set it to automatically download to the directory of your choice, or you can have it ask which directory you would like to download to every time.

If you don't know what your talking about, it's best to keep your mouth shut, *******. It's like saying "I don't know how to drive a car because I don't have one, so all cars are bad".
  9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +30

If you can't read, you better not write. I wrote that you can't choose the installation directory, not the download directory.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.