As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
This update includes 5 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$20000] High CVE-2020-6493: Use after free in WebAuthentication. Reported by Anonymous on 2020-05-13
- [$7500] High CVE-2020-6494: Incorrect security UI in payments. Reported by Juho Nurminen on 2020-05-18
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6495: Insufficient policy enforcement in developer tools. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-04-18
- [$N/A] High CVE-2020-6496: Use after free in payments. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2020-05-24
We also released these 2 security fixes in Chrome for IOS release (83.0.4103.88) . Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$1500] Medium CVE-2020-6497: Insufficient policy enforcement in Omnibox. Reported by Rayyan Bijoora on 2020-04-08
- [$500] Medium CVE-2020-6498: Incorrect security UI in progress display. Reported by Rayyan Bijoora on 2020-05-11
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel. Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL..
Recent Google Chrome for Mac news
Software similar to Google Chrome for Mac 3
Experience the web, Apple style, with Safari: the fastest, easiest-to-use web browser in the world.
Bringing together all kinds of awesomeness to make browsing better for you.
Legacy Opera 12 is the latest revision of the browser that used the Presto layout engine.