As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
- Stop Those Annoying Browser Prompts Asking for Your Location or to Send Notifications
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The stable channel has been updated to 85.0.4183.102 for Windows, Mac, and Linux, which will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
A list of all changes is available in the log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 5 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$20000] High CVE-2020-6573: Use after free in video. Reported by Leecraso and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab working with 360 BugCloud on 2020-08-14
- [$10000] High CVE-2020-6574: Insufficient policy enforcement in installer. Reported by CodeColorist of Ant-Financial LightYear Labs on 2020-07-05
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6575: Race in Mojo. Reported by Microsoft on 2020-05-12
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6576: Use after free in offscreen canvas. Reported by Looben Yang on 2020-07-31
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-15959: Insufficient policy enforcement in networking. Reported by Eric Lawrence of Microsoft on 2020-08-27
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome for Mac news
Software similar to Google Chrome for Mac 3
Experience the web, Apple style, with Safari: the fastest, easiest-to-use web browser in the world.
Bringing together all kinds of awesomeness to make browsing better for you.
Legacy Opera 12 is the latest revision of the browser that used the Presto layout engine.