As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
- Stop Those Annoying Browser Prompts Asking for Your Location or to Send Notifications
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 90 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
Chrome 90.0.4430.72 contains a number of fixes and improvements -- a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromium blog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 90.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 37 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$20000] High CVE-2021-21201: Use after free in permissions. Reported by Gengming Liu, Jianyu Chen at Tencent Keen Security Lab on 2019-11-18
- [$10000] High CVE-2021-21202: Use after free in extensions. Reported by David Erceg on 2021-03-16
- [$5000] High CVE-2021-21203: Use after free in Blink. Reported by asnine on 2021-03-24
- [$1000] High CVE-2021-21204: Use after free in Blink. Reported by Chelse Tsai-Simek, Jeanette Ulloa, and Emily Voigtlander of Seesaw on 2021-03-19
- [$TBD] High CVE-2021-21205: Insufficient policy enforcement in navigation. Reported by Alison Huffman, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2021-01-12
- [$TBD] High CVE-2021-21221: Insufficient validation of untrusted input in Mojo. Reported by Guang Gong of Alpha Lab, Qihoo 360 on 2021-04-02
- [$5000] Medium CVE-2021-21207: Use after free in IndexedDB. Reported by koocola (@alo_cook) and Nan Wang (@eternalsakura13) of 360 Alpha Lab on 2021-03-08
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2021-21208: Insufficient data validation in QR scanner. Reported by Ahmed Elsobky (@0xsobky) on 2020-01-07
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2021-21209: Inappropriate implementation in storage. Reported by Tom Van Goethem (@tomvangoethem) on 2020-10-29
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2021-21210: Inappropriate implementation in Network. Reported by @bananabr on 2021-03-04
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2021-21211: Inappropriate implementation in Navigation. Reported by Akash Labade (m0ns7er) on 2020-07-08
- [$500] Medium CVE-2021-21212: Incorrect security UI in Network Config UI. Reported by Hugo Hue and Sze Yiu Chau of the Chinese University of Hong Kong on 2020-11-03
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2021-21213: Use after free in WebMIDI. Reported by raven (@raid_akame) on 2020-12-25
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-21214: Use after free in Network API. Reported by Anonymous on 2021-01-24
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-21215: Inappropriate implementation in Autofill. Reported by Abdulrahman Alqabandi, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2021-01-30
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-21216: Inappropriate implementation in Autofill. Reported by Abdulrahman Alqabandi, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2021-02-02
- [$500] Low CVE-2021-21217: Uninitialized Use in PDFium. Reported by Zhou Aiting (@zhouat1) of Qihoo 360 Vulcan Team on 2021-01-14
- [$500] Low CVE-2021-21218: Uninitialized Use in PDFium. Reported by Zhou Aiting (@zhouat1) of Qihoo 360 Vulcan Team on 2021-01-14
- [$500] Low CVE-2021-21219: Uninitialized Use in PDFium. Reported by Zhou Aiting (@zhouat1) of Qihoo 360 Vulcan Team on 2021-01-15
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
 Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Interested in switching release channels? Find out how here. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.
Recent Google Chrome for Linux news
Software similar to Google Chrome for Linux 4
Experience cutting edge features but with more stability.
This version is intended for only for developers and early testers.
Google Chrome runs web pages and applications with lightning speed.
More similar downloads