GTA IV runs slow, but I have a powerful rig?

By ttgavenged
Feb 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. My specs are:

8GB System RAM
    I play at 1920x1080 resolution!
    AMD Quad-Core 2.4GHz rated at:
    ATi Radeon HD 6550D (D is for Desktop graphics, f*ck laptops.)
    1TB HDD
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

I thought of downgrading to Windows XP. Should I? (Pirated) and please realize in GTA IV, under "Display" my available video ram is 489... wow. WTF, I haz 4GB's that is must not be interpreting. I so hope GTA 5 Isn't this much of a disaster!

Um, anything else I should add? According to "Canyourunit.com" I'm BEAT recommended, but I only get 1-10 FPS. Please help me? :(
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,783   +639

Sorry to break it to you, but, no you don't (have a powerful rig)...at least by GTA standards.

Firstly; All the GTA series are CPU clockspeed sensitive. 3.4GHz I would consider "entry level" for the most part, and anything above this would definitely be better.

Secondly; Your graphics card....basically NO, unless you're turning down the graphics options (esp. draw distance) way, way down and using a low screen resolution. Personally I'd place as much faith in "canyourunit" as I would in used car salesmen. You can try YouGamers but this is also going to be very optimistic
  3. Dannyk0ed

Dannyk0ed TechSpot Member Posts: 79

As divide said, turn down your settings/resolution.
    That isnt a "powerful" rig,
    P.S 1920x1080 isnt necessary for that specs.
  4. herpaderp

herpaderp TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 159

On top of what dbz said, also, don't mention anything about pirating OSes again or you can kindly GTFO.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.