How to maximize my FPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop absolutely sucks at running DoD source, Counter Strike source, etc. even on the lowest settings. What can i tweak to improve my framerate. here is my lap top:

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: Presario V6500 Notebook
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1470MB RAM

DISPLAY:
Chip Type: GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

@ Savage,

The only thing you could do is maximize your ram, other than that you'd have to do a complete upgrade. If you're a gamer you shouldnt buy into laptops unless its absolutely imperative.

@ Savage,

The only thing you could do is maximize your ram, other than that you'd have to do a complete upgrade. If you're a gamer you shouldnt buy into laptops unless its absolutely imperative.

hey supersmashbrada , I'm only suggesting he buy a console , and your recommending not buying a laptop unless absolutely necessary ,I just don't think computers are best for video games , and your actually agreeing with me somewhat , regarding "If you want to be a member of this community...etc" I'm giving the best advice I got.

hey supersmashbrada , I'm only suggesting he buy a console , and your recommending not buying a laptop unless absolutely necessary ,I just don't think computers are best for video games , and your actually agreeing with me somewhat , regarding "If you want to be a member of this community...etc" I'm giving the best advice I got.

Console gaming being better is strictly an opinion and not a fact. Rather you want to play on a keyboard or a joystick and one being better than the other is arguable, but computers have the capacity for the best graphics. That's a fact.

I'm not agreeing with your statement at all, in any shape or form. I understand that it may be your best, but a simple google search could have given you a better reply to his question.

yes computers have the capacity ,but you gotta get upgrades and check system requirements etc.. would you not cut out all that hassle ,a console is simplistic ,straight foward to use , better graphics and probaly other aspects have the capacity to be better and maybe are already better but you gotta buy those extra bits to play the game , its a bit of a monopoly or cash cow you know what I mean ,I grew up play coin-op's which probaly explains my reluctance to consider a pc for gaming

i agree that consoles dont have that problem of system requirements & thats good
but in terms of graphics power its hard to beat a computer.
i like playing racing,fps on a pc
games like NBA,etc are best suited to consoles

Quote "who is suggesting that Fimbles ?"

The first post states he has frame rate issues with dod and counter strike source. i was not aware these games were available on the ps3 or any console for that matter. So in fact purchasing a ps3 to play either of these games is a pointless exercise. Not to mention the fact that its basicly impossible to play either of these games at a competitive level with a joypad.

So in answer... you are :)

Quote "who is suggesting that Fimbles ?"

The first post states he has frame rate issues with dod and counter strike source. i was not aware these games were available on the ps3 or any console for that matter. So in fact purchasing a ps3 to play either of these games is a pointless exercise. Not to mention the fact that its basicly impossible to play either of these games at a competitive level with a joypad.

So in answer... you are :)

I'm making the point more so of being better of play games on a console instead of a computer , I never even heard of counter strike but as I said above consoles are hassle free regarding system requirements etc...read the full blog fimbles

Quote "buy a ps3 .why use a computer for video games . Its not what nature intended."

You have never even heard of counter strike....... Yet you choose to comment on a members frame rate issue with this game by telling him to get a ps3??

I suggest you read the first post again and respond in an non sarcastic, friendly, and helpfull way as stated earlier in this thread by another member, If you want any respect on these boards.

Although I would love to jump into this debate with everyone else I will refrain :D

Instead, SavageSnipes I will have to agree with supersmashbrada in that the only hardware thing you can do is up your RAM as you will be wasting your money on upgrading something that isn't really worth the hassle whereas you could be putting that money towards a new machine.

The only other suggestion I have is that you could try running this free application called Game Booster that has a 'Game Mode' which kills all unnecessary processes when you want to play a game, you can also switch it back to 'Normal Mode' once finished. I have used this a few times and it does increase your FPS, but I prefer to run music programs in the backround while playing games sooo I choose not to use it anymore :)

Counterstrike is available on Xbox 360, but I'm not entirely sure whether it is anything like source and probably more like Condition Zero. - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/counterstrike/

Sorry but I cant resist :p http://www.gamespot.com/features/6202552/index.html?tag=topslot;thumb;3 Interesting read about console vs PC

fimbles my dear boy he needs a new machine preferable not a laptop my advice is buy a console, xbox has counter strike ,what advice did you offer ? none , you just wanted to be a smarty pants to me ,great advice snowchick , we are all very friendly here really , maybe you should start that thread com vs console?

There's no point of starting a com vs console thread on this forum, pc would win hands down.

Back on subject, he asked what could he tweek to increase performance. Suggesting he buy a new laptop was thrown out of the window because I'm sure he would have already if it were an option.

Yes we are all friendly here, but some give more sound advice than others apparently. Kind of why I miss the "karma" system we tried here over a year ago.

It was a system to show rather people were giving good advice or not, didnt work out because some people kind of abused it.

Super, i think that's where Moiz was going with his 'thank you' thread the other day. I told him I thought it might separate the solid advice from the drive by "i have an intel or amd and it ****** rocks dude!) kind of thing.

That is a good idea however, for new members asking questions I can imagine how it might be hard to filter out the '*****ic' and potentially harmful responses. Or to avoid people commonly known as giving these types of responses.

The post count isn't much of a guide is it =/

Ehh, you can be here for a month or so and figure out who knows anything at all. I've filtered about 10 members personally.

@red1776 yes I know, i hope they can figure out a system that works. Maybe the person posting could in fact put a placemarker on the thread with something like "solved" highlighting the persons name who helped them along with the answer to their question.

do you guys not have your own forum for that stuff ,I agree with the karma system ,a solved count for every member ,great idea ,but this thread is gone way off the beaten track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back