TechSpot

Intel announces SSD 510 series with 6Gbps SATA throughput

By Emil
Feb 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Intel has announced the its Solid-State Drive (SSD) 510 series. The new Intel SSD 510 features SATA 6Gbps performance to take full advantage of Intel's transition to higher speed SATA bus interfaces on the recently introduced 2nd generation Intel Core processors (also know as the Sandy Bridge platform).

Read the whole story
  2. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

3. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

This makes me think, when are we gonna start looking at SSD's crashing to the wall? or even better, are we gonna watch a limitation on speed boost?
    Its like 50MB speed increase for each generation but the capacity has been taking small steps, i prefer a higher capacity than more speed because those 500MB/s are enough for any Game/Work
  4. dcrosenthal

dcrosenthal Banned Posts: 25

I agree the Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX has 600GB and is SATA 6.0Gb/s and only costs $250 at newegg and If you look around you can get one for $200. So why would I ever want to purchase a SSD when a 250GB drive costs almost $600?
  5. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Enthusiast Posts: 343   +20

I want an SSD but I'm playing the waiting game. By the time I build a new computer I hope good SSD's are cheap.
  6. intelinside

intelinside TS Rookie

I'd happily pay $200 extra for a 250GB SSD. Too expensive at $584.

come-on Intel, shrik your margins a bit.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.