The Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox (Intel SSD Toolbox) is drive management software that allows you to:
- View current drive information for Intel Solid-State Drives (Intel SSDs), including:
- Model number, capacity, and firmware version
- Drive health
- Estimated drive life remaining
- SMART attributes (also available for hard disk drives and non-Intel SSDs)
- IDENTIFY DEVICE information (also available for hard disk drives and non-Intel SSDs)
- Optimize the performance of an Intel SSD using Trim functionality
- Optimize the performance of an Intel SSD in RAID 0 using Trim functionality Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 11.0 or greater. Note: Trim on RAID 0 is not supported on Windows 8* or Windows Server 2012
- Obtain proactive notifications of new Intel SSD Toolbox software versions for Windows 7 and Windows 8 systems
- Update the firmware on a supported Intel SSD
- Run quick and full diagnostic scans to test the read and write functionality of an Intel SSD
- Check and tune your system settings for optimal Intel SSD performance, power efficiency, and endurance
- View your system information and hardware configuration, such as central processing unit (CPU), chipset, controller name, and driver versions
- Run Secure Erase on a secondary Intel SSD
The Intel SSD Toolbox supports firmware updates on the following Intel SSDs:
- Intel Solid-State Drive 310 Series Firmware 2CV102M3
- Intel Solid-State Drive 311 Series Firmware 2CV102M5
- Intel Solid-State Drive 320 Series Firmware 4PC10362
- Intel Solid-State Drive 330 Series Firmware 300i
- Intel Solid-State Drive 335 Series Firmware 335u
- Intel Solid-State Drive 510 Series Firmware PPG2 or PPG4 (120GB SSD)
- Intel Solid-State Drive 510 Series Firmware PWG2 or PWG4 (250GB SSD)
- Intel Solid-State Drive 520 Series Firmware 400i
- Intel Solid-State Drive 530 Series Firmware DC12
- Intel Solid-State Drive 710 Series Firmware 6PB10362
- Intel X18-M / X25-M SATA SSDs (34nm) Firmware 2CV102M3
- Intel X18-M / X25-M SATA SSDs (50nm) Firmware 8820
- Intel X25-E SATA SSDs Firmware 8850
- Intel X25-V SATA SSD Firmware 2CV102M3
- Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Firmware 0355
- Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3700 Firmware 0265
- Copy the file TurboBoostSetup.exe to your system.
- Double click on TurboBoostSetup.exe. Accept the UAC prompt, if one appears.
- Follow the installer prompt instructions to complete installation.
- If installing on the Windows Vista operating system, double click the 'Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor' gadget in the gadget gallery that pops up to install the gadget to the Windows Sidebar. This is automatically done on Windows 7
This version of the tool contains a firmware update for the Intel SSD 530 Series (to version DC32) with the following changes:
- Default Software Settings Preservation (SSP) for DIPM is changed from a default = on, to a DEFAULT = OFF. This addresses situations in older systems where the drive was not found after a warm reset causing blue screens.
- Corrects an occasional miss-reporting of SMART attribute E3h (Timed Workload Read/Write ratio).
- The drive no longer increments SMART 0Ch (Power Cycle Count) after a SECURE ERASE operation.