List of 3 stop errors I got

Status
Not open for further replies.

calusblade

Stop: 0x0000007E (0000005, 0XF7EAAA, 0XB8C50BD0, 0XB8508CC)

HSFDPSP2.SYS - ADRESS F7E73AAA Base at F7E4A000, Datestamp 40D22144

----------

Stop: 0X00000050 (0XF2403490, 0X00000001, 0XBF1C2160, 0X00000000)

nv4_disp.dll - address BF1C2160 base at BF012000, datestamp 453BDC7A

---------

Spot: 0x0000008E (0xC000001D, 0xbf0cd722, 0xb599af8, 0x00000000)

NV4_disp.dll - address bf0cd722 base at bf012000, datestamp 00000000

------

I know the nv4_disp.dll is a video card problem and the HSFDPSP2.SYS is a modem problem. I donno why I'm getting this error. When I first got this computer it ran fine for a long time. Then one day i got this error, somehow I fixed it and I have no clue how. Now it happens again. What can cause this problem? Could it be the driver is loose? I didn't shut down right and damage the files?
---

I recenlly tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall it with the current one.

system status:
Athlon 1800
Windows XP home with SP 2
NVIDIA G-Force4 MX 440 with AGP8x
softV92 data Fax modem
516 Ram
I believe the one under computers is my mother board. . .its ACPI Uniprocessor PC
2 Drivers, 1 is about 55.8 GB primary and the other is 57.2 GB

Is this a leading brand computer (Manufacture Name and model number required)
Or it one that has been made up, and put together?
ie did the Video card come with it too

Theres a sticker thingy on my computer that says it. It could be the processor I donno. This computer was a gift form my uncle. All I know is, form the very beginning I never got this error.

No it won't be a sticker
It'll be printed on it like DELL HP Asus Compaq something like that

But if it's just a big black (or white) box, without markings, then I suppose it's been put together by someone.

Can you do the following:

Start-->Run-->

And copy and paste this exact line in the run field:

%windir%\Minidump

Then press OK

If there are any new Minidumps in there (they have the date on the filename itself)
Please attach one to a new reply

Inside the MiniDump:
BugCheck 1000008E, {c000001d, bf0cd722, b5f99af8, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nv4_disp+bb722 )

This happened when MapleStory was running (a game)
Check for any game updates, or confirm your video card has the latest drivers installed

game update is at the most current. video card is the most current. by the way. . .how u know I was playing maple story 0_o

I am currently on maplestory right now. These errors are very random. The last thing I need is this happening when I have school again.

by the way. . .how u know I was playing maple story 0_o
because I'm standing right behind you.

lol :) now that's scary! (it even scared me!)

Anyway, don't run that particular game for a while, and see if it happens again (seeyu 2morow :) )

because I'm standing right behind you

Really? My dog pooped there and I didn't clean it up yet :haha:

Well I havn't got any crashes but then again, I haven't been on any games ether. Maybe my video card is damaged? Maybe I should replace it ><.

I don't think its the games because I been haven't really chance anything with my game play. I played my 2 main games for a long time. The first time this happen was about 2 years ago and I fixed it somehow. I played maplestory & Warcraft 3 and got no errors. about 2 weeks ago i played Warcraft 3 for a little and then it crash. I downloaded a new driver and installed it and after 2 days it crashed again. Now I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but didn't play any games. I'm sure its not the game because it should of crash on me everytime I play it at least once in a week.

oh and here are some towels :D

It could be dust built up in the Video Card (and not software at all)
You could try removing it and blowing out all dust (and the computer too)

Oh and because we're still on the funny things, check this out: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109162.html

Edit:
And remove the modem while you're at it. If you don't need it (they cause lots of issues)
And it's 512 Meg of Ram (Now I'm being picky :) )

Well, I don't do mini dumps, and I am standing WAY behind kimsland, but here are a couple of suggestions:

0x8E is 0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x50 is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t585617.html
Suspect the memory and corrupt driver(s)
You can try this:
1. STOP: 0x0000007E: can be from:
*Incompatible video adapter drivers, *A damaged device driver or system service.
Filename: hsfdpsp2.sys
Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\
Company Name: Conexant Systems, Inc.
File Version: 7.12.09
File Description: HSF_DP driver Product Name: SoftK56 Modem Driver
Go to the manufacturer's site and look for a firmware update for the modem.

Then this:
2. Stop: 0X00000050: Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.
nv4_disp.dll> lower the acceleration settings. If graphics acceleration is not an issue, lowering the acceleration to None would most likely solve the problem --

And/Or this: reinstall the newest Nvidia drivers from the nvidia website. Then go to the c:/windows/system32 folder an delete old nv4_disp.dll files and kept the one for the newest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back