Malware attack still affects my computer in some ways after removing it.

I had adware on my computer, and after a long struggle, I removed it with MalwareBytes. After that, I still can't hear from my headphones, visit certain websites like antivirus, update my computer, and use Windows Search. FYI, I downloaded MalwareBytes thanks to cnet, nearly ALL antivirus sites are blocked.

How do I remove this? I can't work anymore on this computer, or listen to music. All malware seems to be removed though. Thanks! I'm a tech newbie and don't know if viruses can have so permanant damage.

Even if you do remove it ...can you ever trust that it is truly gone? I would back up data, export your bookmarks. Take inventory of your programs that you need to reinstall and make sure you know your saved logins and passwords and just wipe it and fresh install Windows. It's so fast now to rebuild, why fight Malware of any kind.

Clean reinstall is a great idea. Even if I don't get viruses I reinstall windows every now and then to get rid of any crap that I downloaded. It gives you something nice and clean to work with and you can reorganize. Just make sure your product key is linked to your Microsoft account. Otherwise you have to buy Windows again ;)

Just a question everyone, is it possible for the virus to keep affecting the computer after removing it? Because I'm pretty sure I did. Also I hope it can let me fresh install because it's not letting me update it

Just a question everyone, is it possible for the virus to keep affecting the computer after removing it? Because I'm pretty sure I did. Also I hope it can let me fresh install because it's not letting me update it

Yes Dylan it is possible because a virus can hide itself it many ways. Google search Rootkits and Polymorphic virus and you will see. It will let you do a fresh install. You need to create a bootable USB key with Windows 10 on it. You will need a 8GB flash drive (I usually use a 16GB) and then you will need to Google Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create one (Easy to do). You need to know which version of Windows you have (Home or Pro). You should verify which hardware items you will need drivers for by looking through your device manager. Backup your data. Export your bookmarks and stored passwords. Take inventory of programs you need to reinstall and gather any licenses you will need to re-install those programs.

To do Windows correctly you are going to boot to the USB flash drive and you are going to delete all partitions you find (should be 3) and when you are asked for the product key just click I don't have a product key. What will happen is the key will be retrieved after Windows is installed auto-magically. The only time this doesn't work is if you change the machine in a major way (like a new motherboard).

Last question probably, can I update my computer before fresh install? Just so I can do the small thing before the big thing. And in case it goes away so I don't have to fresh install.

Download the same version of Windows 10 you already have - there'll be a 32 bit and 64 bit choice. You'll lose existing software and documents so have them backed up elsewhere before starting. Windows 10 will be pretty well updated already so there's not a lot to worry about.
Just follow Kshipper's guide.

One way to prevent malware and viruses is to keep an updated operating system, and install all software updates promptly. Another way is to browse safe websites, which are those that have been carefully reviewed by the major search engines.
Secure your computer. Limiting your computer's vulnerability to malware is a crucial
safe browsing habit.
Back up your files.
Avoid suspicious links.
Identify suspicious sites.

Back