Mozilla Firefox 11 stable available for download now

By Jos
Mar 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla has pushed out version 11 of its Firefox browser complete with the usual security patches, as well as a few new features, such as add-on sync and two new…

Read the whole story
  2. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TechSpot Booster Posts: 133

Can't see the purpose for the 3D page inspector.
  3. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

I like the addition of the addon sync. I have loved the bookmark sync, since between different computers and OS's I have FF installed 4 times. Hopefully the addon sync works as well across different versions of windows and linux.
    I'm going to have to check out the new style editor and page inspector. Boss is talking about re-designing 2 of our websites.
  4. i wish that they release at least two version, Normal & Lite or Normal & Developers, firefox it's getting hevier by release and pretty anoying.

And what with the frenzy numerycal advance? this should be like.....version 8
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,749   +1,421

I will keep an eye out next week for version 12.
  6. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

I wonder if the Internet Explorer team have given up on the celebratory cakes.
  7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

+1
  8. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,033   +70

+2
    I wonder why it is taking them so long to catch up with chrome .............. oh what is its current version ?
  9. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,569   +478

Stopped using FireFox since last week. It suddenly started crashing on start-up, and no re-installation could help. Weird thing, but I couldn't find a fix for it. Now have to use Chrome instead...
  10. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

As someone who pretends to occasionally design web sites, I think the 3D page inspector is great.

It's a rather novel approach to identifying page elements. I feel like this could be really useful while trying visualize the underpinnings of designs and quickly isolate elements of interest.

I won't be switching to Firefox until they fix the tabs though. The tearing and dragging feels so unnatural in Firefox compared to every other browser. I used to not really care, but I think Chrome has spoiled me.
  11. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,022   +87

For web developers, Firefox remains the only browser good enough to work with. (nobody is perfect)
    If you just want to use the email, read a few news articles or watch youtube then you can stick to Chrome, but for me Firefox remains the go to browser.

12. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,022   +87

It's not a bad idea, but you should know that firefox actually got faster with each version.
    I have all browsers installed (except safari) because i need to test my websites with them and i can clearly say that FF improved the most in the past year or so.
  13. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Does it crash when you use it in safe mode with networking?
  14. i left firefox a week ago too after using it for years got sick of the issues, installed chrome and what a difference much better
  15. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

I'll probably download it... not really worried about resources. I love chrome but firefox remains my browser of choice, for now.
  16. You have to uninstall it from add/remove or programs and features, depending what OS, then do a reg edit to remove all the remnants of it from the registry. Reboot, reinstall, and you should be ok. If its not you may want to consider a thorough cleaning of your system, there may be something malicious in there.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.