Mozilla patches a security flaw introduced by Firefox 16

By Matthew
Oct 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Folks who installed Firefox 16 on Tuesday may want to ensure that they've received an update released this afternoon (16.0.1) which addresses a security flaw. On Wednesday, Mozilla halted distribution of Firefox 16 after learning about a vulnerability that could...

Read more
  2. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

Still waiting on TLS 1.2 support! Can't tell if it is there but presuming it isn't if it hasn't been mentioned.
  3. Ray Greaves

Ray Greaves Newcomer, in training

Since the automatic update to version 16.0.2, Firefox will NOT save my home page. It will go to my selected home page as long as I stay logged in, but once I logout and return, it goes back to the default Firefox start page. I do NOT take jindly to automatic updates that result in inferior operation and if this is not remedied I shall abandon a long time use of Firefox and go to Chrome>

Nothing on the Firefox support site provides a remedy for this fault.
  4. Darth Shiv

You do know Chrome does auto updates too?
  5. Ray Greaves

Ray Greaves Newcomer, in training

Darth, Yes I do know. What I object to is an update that introduces errors, not updates themselves.
  6. Darth Shiv

Any update can introduce errors. If you don't want updates, you can disable them. Same for any software - pity Firefox had a regression but that's a risk with a rapid release and auto-update system (which Chrome also has).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.