TechSpot

Mozilla releases Firefox 21 for PC, Mac, Linux and Android

By Shawn Knight
May 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla recently launched version 21 of Firefox for Windows, Mac and Linux. The updated browser brings a number of new features including support for Mozilla’s Social API which allows social providers to integrate directly with the browser and display select...

Read more
  2. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

That Firefox smartphone ever coming out? The one with dual projectors?
  3. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,051   +94

no. it was just proof of concept
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,030   +738

I installed it on my PC a couple of hours ago and have been using it up till now. I'll be reverting back to good ol' Chrome. I prefer it.
  5. Heihachi1337

Heihachi1337 TS Rookie Posts: 44   +11

I wonder if they fixed the memory leak. I didn't think anything of it until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed my 120GB SSD was about full (it never is).
    Discovered it was Firefox. Switched to Google Chrome and now my drive has space again.
    Hint to Mozilla - Fix the memory leak, I might use it again.
  6. Firefox is better than Chrome because it has scripting.

Chrome is more lightweight and has a better JavaScript engine. Firefox has more features
    because of add-ons. Google Chrome does have extensions too though. Go to the Chrome
    Web Store to get them, Chrome is easier to use and it’s less complex. Mozilla uses fewer
    resources in that aspect when compared to Chrome. Also, the newer versions of Firefox
    has reduced the amount of memory leakage, so the performance should be improved.
    Mozilla is still a great browser.

I use both. They are both good.
    spectrenad likes this.
  7. Very nice. Any idea when Waterfox will get this aswell?
  8. havok585

havok585 TS Enthusiast Posts: 106   +18

No memory leaks here, it's on your end.
    Puiu likes this.
  9. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,051   +94

They fixed it many versions ago. Right now Firefox has the best memory management on my PC, although I'm pretty sure it isn't the same for everyone.
    And what you are talking about isn't a memory leak, it's called cache which can be set lower if your SSD is small in options-->advanced . Just clear you cache once in a while and you'll be fine.
    Also try using CCleaner to clear your temp files/cache/garbage/etc. I've found GB's on some pc's.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.