Xclio A380 Color Plus Review @ OCC
Coolink SWiF2 Series Cooling Fan Roundup Review @ BayReviews

Memory
OCZ 4GB DDR3-1600 Intel XMP @ PureOverclock

Notebooks
AsusG60J review @ TechRadar
Novatech X1 CA Gaming Notebook Review @ HardwareHeaven

Permalink to story.

Heh, not much has changed (in reference to the 5 years ago link). Movie studios never tried to embrace torrents.

Woah woah woah, this dealer sold cars that have a small black box in the system that is hooked up to the internet wirelessly that certain people can have access to disable a car’s ignition system, or trigger the horn to begin honking, as a reminder that a payment is due?

I'd would NEVER buy a car from that dealer...

Nice to see ATI bringing some real speed updates. I wonder where that extra performance comes from in HAWX. And I'm dying to see some Fermi benchmarks.

Hacker Disables More Than 100 Cars Remotely: Makes a person think twice about those gadgets. Wonder if there is a Toyota program that pegs the speedometer...?

Hmm.... Looks like its 1984 coming true.

Oh wait, its 2010. Oh well (or shall I say Orwell), just 26 years too late.

"Some customers complained of the horns going off in the middle of the night"

hahaaha and also your late for work the car stalls and begins honking non-stop thats embarrasin lol

buendia said:
What? We now have sort-of Wifi in cars?
yeah I guess you could say that, after reading the article I quote "the system lets car dealers install a small black box under vehicle dashboards that responds to commands issued through a central website, and relayed over a wireless pager network. The dealer can disable a car’s ignition system, or trigger the horn to begin honking, as a reminder that a payment is due. The system will not stop a running vehicle."

ET3D said:
Nice to see ATI bringing some real speed updates. I wonder where that extra performance comes from in HAWX. And I'm dying to see some Fermi benchmarks.
wrong topic xD anyways....

eh Two and a half months for just two movies :|
I'm gonna miss his (maVen) releases he's a legend, but hurry back.
Disabling cars remotely very interesting :D sucks to be a victim though this is the first time someone has abused this "no-start system" they it shouldn't have been created in the first place hope they learn their lesson, or at least enhance it a bit so this sort of thing can't happen again both the systems and the way someone access the system but from the read sounds like he was having a blast xD

Disabling cars remotely, is just like disabling computer remotely. If it can be hacked, it can be disabled.

This is a vulnerability that needs to be fixed.

Wow thats one major issue that need to be fixed, but are they going to have some sort of car-firewall or something?

lol car firewall, all cars have a firewall. :)

I don't think this is a super widespread thing, just that that particular dealer had them installed, he probably even had to tell the dude's he was selling cars to that they had that device. I don't think this is something you see on all cars (well obviously since only 100 were affected).

This was probably just some relatively harmless prank that came up after being discussed over a few beers during the SXSW festival thingy. Its not even an exploit, its a former employee just remembering the password to get into the system. If anything its the fault of the dealership for not changing the password after that dude was no longer employed.

maybe hackers could fix all new cars with computer problems... (since the Factory cant get it right) for example: Toyota haveing speed problems because of the onboard computer...

I wonder if the fact that the dealer could do this was properly disclosed or not. As long as it was then i don't see an issue with the dealer doing it. Of course the security should have been better at the "Texas Auto Center"

haha that would be a pain... trying to go to work and your car wont start... even worse about to leave work and your stuck at work =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back