Radeon 5770 in Lian Li mini ATX case?

comdoc

Will HIS Radeon 5770 1G on Abit IS7G mainboard fit in Lian Li A05N mini ATX case? My old 450W power supply enough? Application: video streaming, stock charts, web surf, email. Thanks for info.

Without knowing the technical specs of the power supply, it would be hard to say if will be sufficient but possibly. If those are examples of applications you are planning to run and no gaming, then the 5770 is overkill. You can get by with a much smaller card, then

Thanks, mailpup. My PS is a Fortron Source 450W, incredibly good quality. I just found the Asus EAH5770 CuCore card for $132.90, and that's my choice. It only draws 18W at idle, and 108W under max load. Great Asus quality.

I'm running a 5850 in a Shuttle unit (system in spec drop down)with a 400W PSU(80 PLUS)

The 80 PLUS® performance specification is a standard which requires power supplies in computers and servers to be 80% or greater energy-efficient. This makes an 80 PLUS® certified power supply at least 33% more efficient than current power supplies.

So if it is a quality PSU then you should have no issues.

Back