TechSpot

Rockstar teases multiplayer mayhem in GTA Online gameplay trailer

By Justin Kahn
Aug 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Rockstar revealed the debut premiere trailer for Grand Theft Auto Online today. Players will be robbing banks, knocking off liquor stores, playing golf and parachuting with 15 of their friends in the "first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto...

Read more

2. havok585

havok585 TS Enthusiast Posts: 108   +19

I'm going to change my underwear...

3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,527   +596

Looks promising. Here's to hoping they've done away with that ridiculous auto-aim function that ruined GTA IV's multiplayer.

4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Looks great. I commend them for not charging extra, considering this launches after GTA V.

5. I luv GTA and I will 100% absolutely buy "V" it but...
    Only on PC, think I am gone not care about this b4 I see a proper coming to PC statement.
    I bought "IV" on 360 first... but the PC version is the one I spent a lot of time on.

If this is gone be some kind of long term online thingy and on 360 and PS3 nah....
    This sounds strange and fishy.....I am simply not sold on this on console.
    Maybe I missed the hole point and this is on PC ....shrugs

I have been sold on empty fancy worth less console promises from these company's way
    to many times.
    It does not mater what what company it is and what they say... PC is king for games.

It is their own fault that this has become my view...

6. General Sam

General Sam TS Member Posts: 26

"Ride around and show off", to whom? :p My friends aren't going to be peds walking around.

They make GTA 5 sound like real life. None the less I hope these activities remain VERY fun and interesting and not a case of "oh we robbed 3 banks, 2 liquor stores (who robs these?) and raced a few times and it's boring".

Assuming the GTA 5 PC petition goes through, I'll get it on that. More than likely will skip it otherwise.

7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

There's racing, drag racing, cop chases, biking, golf, skydiving, parasailing, scuba diving, deathmatch, team deathmatch, a team deathmatch editor, and heists. I could be missing some activities, but those are from the top of my head.

If you have friends, and by that I don't mean couple online acquaintances on your Steam friend lists, then the potential for fun is enormous. Not to mention, the online portion is free and is added on top the singe player experience.

8. General Sam

General Sam TS Member Posts: 26

I hope from everything you've just mentioned meant that they've fully polished off the game play & mechanics. I just finished playing GTA IV and wow it's the most frustrating and shoddly made GTA games I've played.

GTA 5 better do some stirling work, personally I don't really care for the new activities, or is this what Grand Theft Auto is all about? Being a sim-game? If I wanted to play Tennis, I would go play Virtua Tennis etc... I haven't heard the return of any classic modes such as Kill Frenzy yet.

9. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +919

Looks awesome.

10. Holy cow, I guess this will be the first time I will be buying an original GTA. and not just one, but 2 copies. for me and for my bro!

good!!

11. Nobina

Nobina TS Booster Posts: 428   +96

So basically what you said in every line, you will get this only if it's on PC...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.