TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Skype launches video-messaging service on Android, Blackberry and iOS devices

By David Tom ยท 5 replies
Jun 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. With the popularity of mobile chat services such as WhatsApp for text and Snapchat for pictures, Skype has wisely cornered the video-messaging market. Following an extensive beta testing phase that kicked off in February, the company has now officially launched...

Read more

2. Shaun2312

Shaun2312 TS Enthusiast Posts: 31   +8

New product for other mobile os's still nothing on their own mobile os...

3. MonsterZero

MonsterZero TS Maniac Posts: 285   +123

I'm giving up on WP, you are exactly right. Let's not even begin to mention the lack of apps.

The Blue update for WP8 is a mediocre side grade, great I get a notification panel and a way to sort apps? what a joke.

4. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 965   +209

How can you complain about an update when nothing official has been unveiled, aside from synced IE tabs?

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,997   +2,287

But I can send videos with Whatsapp as well. I don't know why I'd use it but I downloaded it nevertheless.

6. I think BBM will eventually overtake these message apps. Sounds like it will be the more complete package.