TechSpot

Skype launches video-messaging service on Android, Blackberry and iOS devices

By David Tom
Jun 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. With the popularity of mobile chat services such as WhatsApp for text and Snapchat for pictures, Skype has wisely cornered the video-messaging market. Following an extensive beta testing phase that kicked off in February, the company has now officially launched...

Read more
  2. Shaun2312

Shaun2312 TS Rookie Posts: 20

New product for other mobile os's still nothing on their own mobile os...
  3. MonsterZero

MonsterZero TS Rookie Posts: 55   +9

I'm giving up on WP, you are exactly right. Let's not even begin to mention the lack of apps.

The Blue update for WP8 is a mediocre side grade, great I get a notification panel and a way to sort apps? what a joke.
  4. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 875   +130

How can you complain about an update when nothing official has been unveiled, aside from synced IE tabs?
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

But I can send videos with Whatsapp as well. I don't know why I'd use it but I downloaded it nevertheless.
  6. I think BBM will eventually overtake these message apps. Sounds like it will be the more complete package.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.