TechSpot

Spec-by-spec: Here's how the Moto X stacks up to the competition

By Jos
Aug 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Following a string of leaks and official teasers Motorola finally unveiled the Moto X smartphone at an event in San Francisco this afternoon. The device is not only the first to be developed under Google's stewardship since last year’s acquisition,...

Read more
  2. "microSD: No"

I was done reading at that point...NEXT!
    ETF Soldier likes this.
  3. This article makes me laugh. Since when is the Nexus 4 considered mid-range.
  4. Since now.
    ETF Soldier likes this.
  5. Bootloader is still locked. bad egg
  6. Where is the Lumia 1020 on this comparison chart???
  7. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,166   +241

Guest stop trolling -.-.. was funny.. until the Lumia part..
  8. No MicroSD was also where it lost me. I mean come on, I filled I understand they want you to have motivation to buy the 32gb model, but I have a large amount of music I'd like to carry around for offline listening, and if you take a few videos and high res photos, you fill up the rest of the space fast.
  9. venimdenim

venimdenim TS Rookie

When has it not been considered mid-range?
  10. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,954   +900

The Moto X is impressive.
  11. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

I wish they didn't call it "Moto X" - because I'm a fan of motocross and when ever I see Moto X I think of motorcycles, but then realize you're talking about a telephone.

Are they really this far into the Moto line of their product brand? And what happened to the Moto iX or is their product numbering department just playing with my mind? =)

12. JC713

It was kind of a bad name. But it makes sense.
  13. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 191   +13

Hah. I have an s4. I'm comparing my S4 to the Moto X. Has a better rear camera, has a more powerful CPU, and has better resolution...not THAT impressed. Sticking to my S4 for a long while. =P
  14. JC713

Yeah. The Moto X was a disappointment. In order to have a great Android phone, you need good specs, a good manufacturer to back it up, an SD card slot, customizability, and no carrier exclusive deals. The Moto X misses on the big ones like the lack of a SD card slot and carrier exclusive deals.
    RenGood08 likes this.
  15. "Always on voice controls" ... requested by the NSA no doubt.
  16. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

I assume you were just comparing specs because I can see little to no reason why anybody would consider switching to a Moto X if they already have a S4 unless they consider the so called 'unique customizations' as a must have.
    RenGood08 likes this.
  17. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

It would be more impressive if it sold at a mid range price because it looks like a mid range device (how do you like that poetry?) ;-D
  18. JC713

Yeah, true.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.