Stop 0x0000000A(BOSD) error, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adu123

Hi, I'm running window xp home edition SP2. When I tried to shut down my computer, the BOSD immediately show up. I've copied down the error name: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stop code: 0x0000000A. I was going to attached the dump file in this message, but none of them is openable. When I double-click on the dump file, a window pop up says the following: Window cannot open this file. Can someone tell me how to resolve this? Thank you

Hi Tamagic650, thank you for the advice. However, the article you provided doesn't explaint why I was unable to open the dump files. I've found the following in my system log that might be useful to find out what caused the BOSD:
Date: 8/5/2007 Source: Save Dump User: N/A
Time: 12:48:52 AM Category: none Computer: Ricky
Type: information Event ID: 1001
Description:
computer has reboot from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a(0x0000006d, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804dbc95). A dump was save in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080507-03.dmp.
I've found 19 of them in my system log, all of which almost have the same info except for the four parameters behind 0x1000000a. Aa for the dump file, I really wanted to post them. Hopefully, someone can assist me with that. Thanks again for reply to me

I've located all the minidump, but the problem is I was unable to open any of them. When I double-click on it, a window pop up saying: Window cannot open this file...... As a result, I am unable to attach them in here. Can someone help me out? Thank you for your time

You can post the dump files as they are, e.g. Mini080507-03.dmp. You can attach 5 at a time. You can find out how to open them here.

Hi Peterdiva, thank you for reply to me. However, I still trouble posting the minidump files. After I click the upload button to post the minidump file, there is always a red x mark next to it. Anyway, I've attached them in this message so you know what I'm talking about. If you know what's going on, please reply to me. Thank you

Attachments

• Mini080507-03.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 15
  • Mini080507-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 7
  • Mini080507-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
  • Mini073107-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini072907-02.dmp
You don`t have to open them.Just attach them to your post.

If you have a lot of them "Zip" them up,with a Zip program.

Thank you for reply to my message. I will attach the minidump files in this message so you know what I meant. I would like to know whether you can open it or not. Here they are:

Attachments

• Mini080707-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 11
  • Mini072807-02.dmp
  • Mini072807-01.dmp
  • Mini072707-02.dmp
  • Mini072107-01.dmp
Sorry,I should have told in my first post about opening them.

You have to download Windows debugging tools and then open

each dump from the menu.There is a guide HERE

I had a quick look at your dumps,but couldn`t make out anything obvious.

Somebody will help you, no doubt.

Thank you again for reply to me, now I know why I was unable to open those minidump files. I would appreciate if anyone can analyze those minidump file and find out what cause the BOSD when I shut my computer down. I've found 20 minidump files in my system, if anyone want to see all of them, reply to me. I will post them all. Thank you

4 of your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 0A, the other one has a bugcheck of 50. This may well be a case of faulty ram etc.

Go HERE and follow the instructions. Please let us know the results.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you for ananlyzed those minidump files for me. Because I just a computer beginner, I don't know too much about computer. I hope you can explain to what a "ram" is and what does a ram do in a computer? I also attach five more minidump files hoping you can find out the exact cause of the BOSD. Thank you

Attachments

• Mini072907-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 7
  • Mini072107-02.dmp
  • Mini072107-03.dmp
  • Mini072107-04.dmp
  • Mini072207-01.dmp
Your latest batch of minidumps crash with bugchecks of 0A/50/7F. These are all symptomatic of faulty ram(read only memory) or possibly a faulty psu etc.

Please test you ram using the Memtest86+ programme. Instructions HERE.

Regards Howard :)

I have no clue what caused the BOSD on my screen, it only show up when I shut down my computer. If anyone is able to find out the cause by looking at those minidump files, I would be greatly appreciate.

KsecDD.sys is the flagged item. (Kernel Security Support Provider Interface)

What firewall software are you using? If it is not Microsoft's XP firewall, uninstall the firewall and see if the BSOD stops

I'm using microsoft xp's firewall, I don't think the firewall was the cause

When I used window debugging tool to debug the minidump files, I've receviced a symbol error because I don't know what to enter in the "symbol file path" box. Please help me out

I'am not tring to learn how to read minidump files, I want to know what to enter in the "symbol file path" box

If you're not trying to learn to read minidumps what are you bothering to do all this for? If you just take the time to do a little more reading, the information you seek is there. Because you don't seem to be able to find what you need, I have provided a direct link to Microsoft's Debugging Tools for you.

I assure you that everything you need will be located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

What am I bothering to do all this for? Don't you know in order to effectively debug, I have to enter the correct symbol path? Symbols are needed to effectively debug.

You still have to read the information presented in the Debugging list. So did you find out what info should be placed in the symbol path box?

Have you downloaded the Symbol files and installed them in the default location? It is this location that goes into the symbol path

It telle me I can set my debugger's symbol path to point to the Windows symbol server if I have access to the Internet while debugging, but I don't know how to do that. (I'm just a beginner)

Thank you so much. I think I get it now

Have you look at those minidump files I posted? Can you find the EXACT cause of the BOSD? I forgot to mention one thing: The BOSD screen only appear when I tried to shut down.

Yes,
you have to download the Symbols from the Microsoft Symbol Server but you can install the Symbols on your C drive and that's where the symbol path comes from. You don't need to be online

What are KSecDD.sys and ntoskrnl.exe referring to? please help me out

After using window debugging tool to debug the minidump files, I've found out most of the BSOD were caused by the following:
* KSecDD.sys ( KSecDD! NewGenRandomEx+55 )
* ntoskrnl.exe ( nt ! KeReleaseSemaphore+14 )
* ntoskrnl.exe ( nt ! KiFindFirstSetRight+2 )
* ntoskrnl.exe ( nt ! KiReadyThread+33 )
* ntoskrnl.exe ( nt ! PsReturnPoolQuota+3b )
* ntoskrnl.exe ( nt ! KiFindFirstSetRight+38 )
* ntoskrnl.exe ( nt ! KiFindFirstSetRight+4a )
* KSecDD.sys ( KSecDD+8868 )
I absolutely have no idea what they all refer to, I would be greatly appreciate if anyone can tell me what should I do to fix them.

KsecDD module related to the kernel security module. it export security related mechanisims.

ntoskrnl module is most of the OS Kernel. ntoskrnl (which is the Kernel of a uniprocessor machine) exports the executive part of the kernel, so many calls from a driver are to ntoskrnl.

ntoskrnl will be called on multiprocessor machines ntkrnlmp

you didn't provide a mini-dump so I just cant tell you what is the cause of your problem.

EZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back