TechSpot

Stop Errror : c000021a {Fatal Error}

By Useless_backup
Jun 24, 2008
  1. Yes I know that there are many cases like this on many sites, but none of them really helped me all that much. I have tried system restore to a point where I KNOW that this error did not occur. However, unlike others, i can access Safe Mode... thats how I did the system restore. I will post the detailed error message in the next post as i do not have it with me at the moment... ill go crash it in a few moments and copy the message. I did a Norton virus check, but then again... its pretty old and outdated.

If this helps my hardware is....
    Gigabyte 965P-DS3
    Intel(R) Core 2 Duo CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
    2046MB RAM (Some OCZ model forgot)
    Windows XP Professional
    Geforce 8500 GT

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,171   +37

Try disabling Norton and see if it brings stability.

3. Useless_backup

Useless_backup TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well the error message says:
    "STOP: c000021a {Fatal Error}
    The windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x77f57d85 0x006af0cc)
    The system has been shutdown.

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance"

O yea.. i forgot to say that if i start my computer normally (not in safe mode) i can actually see my desktop for like 1-5s before it crashes to that message

4. Useless_backup

Useless_backup TS Rookie Topic Starter

Not sure how i can actually disable Norton if i dont get to go to my desktop, also i've had the Norton for quite awhile.

5. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.